Hi..I'm Nichole!

I am a married 32 yr old female with 2 children ages 13 and 2.5 After my second child, marriage, and stress I have seriously put on the pounds and 2 years later I weigh more than I did when I was 9 months pregnant with my second child.
I was a very active single women a few years ago but....life maybe has slowed down and so has my metabolism.

So here I am!

I am just starting the INSANITY CHALLENGE and whew, I'm starting to feel that burst of energy returning again!!

I noticed that the workouts aren't on here or any of the moves, so I'm guess for now I'm burning about 500 calories a workout, maybe some days a little more, so my exercises are only averages.

I love food, chocolate, cake, cookies, pasta, porch chops...oh yeah, always have, just now, its staying inside attaching itself to my hips, thighs, arms, chin...and everywhere it can

So I have to make a change, and its now, because if I wait too much longer I think I'll melt into a couch potato status!

I went to the lake this early summer, had a one piece, I know im a little overweight, but when that suit (for some reason) melted (the elastic) I had to switch to the 2 piece from last year...I thought, okay Im a little overweight, its okay, Im not trying to impress anyone...HA
My best friend took a picture of me and posted it on facebook, I was like a white elephant in the lake, and I never felt that way until I saw myself. From the back there were rolls of fat, dimples in places that dont smile, and some new stretch marks not brought by my lovely son. I was hideous, and was so ashamed I reported her pictures to facebook to remove them for being offending. She took them down but...thats when I realized I have to do something.

So here I am!

New to the Community,

Nichole from Arkansas

Replies

• Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Welcome and Good Luck! =)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need extra support.
  • hotwow
    hotwow Posts: 21 Member
    WELCOME! Here if you need me. Feel free to add me! :)
  • hi Im candy,feel free to add me and also, you might want to do some research and invest in a HRM to help you logg your calories with your workouts more accurately!!!! good luck on your journey
  • pippyrlz23
    pippyrlz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Hi Nichole!
    Your inspiration just made my day -
    I drive a sports car and the steering wheel is rubbing my legs, LOL
    :laugh:
  • naucole
    naucole Posts: 12
    your so welcome......but it is true for me!
  • naucole
    thank you!!
  • naucole
    Thank you all for helping me feel welcome on this start of my new journey!!
  • Hi!!

I'm new to this website also. I noticed that you are starting the Insanity challenge?? I have seen that on t.v. and whatnot and a friend of mine has done it too and says she really feels a difference.

I am thinking about doing it and could use some tips! Thanks!
  • naucole
    Hi!!

I'm new to this website also. I noticed that you are starting the Insanity challenge?? I have seen that on t.v. and whatnot and a friend of mine has done it too and says she really feels a difference.

I am thinking about doing it and could use some tips! Thanks!
    Laura, I don't have many tips for I am just starting out this program as well, but as Shaun T would tell you, you gotta dig deeper. Keep going, just check your heart rate for the first few workouts to make sure your not "overdoing" it. Don't be afraid to stop and walk in place, I do and I still feel it. I have heard that by the end of the second week you can feel yourself getting stronger and stronger and able to do more and more of his insane regimes!!
    I can make it through about 32 minutes, my own slow pace before I really cant do much more for I fear I might have a heart attack!! But, I just slow down breathe and walk in place or jog in place till I can follow again. Sometimes its 5 minutes of calming down before I realize that I need to keep going. Fight yourself, thats the key!! Keep it in your mind what you look like when you look in the mirror or...have your friend take a pic of you in a 2 piece swimsuit and tape it to the TV!!! Works for me!

See I am also trying to battle with quitting smoking, so this breathing is seriously killing my lungs, but I just keep on knowing that real people have gotten real results on this program.
    I hope that helps!!
    "Dig Deeper" LOL

Nichole
  • Thanks so much!

Sounds great and hope we both can push through it and "DIG DEEPER!!" Lol

Keep me updated!