Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Headaches anyone?

2»

Replies

• namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    I would go back up to about 1400 cal. Being Diabetic you may need to space your food a little differently and the extra calories will help you space it. caffeine and sugar are also headache triggers. I find if I space my meals too far apart I will also get a headache so I try to eat something every few hours. A 100 cal nutritious snack will work wonders.
  • janisseshirley
    janisseshirley Posts: 50 Member
    I would go back up to about 1400 cal. Being Diabetic you may need to space your food a little differently and the extra calories will help you space it. caffeine and sugar are also headache triggers. I find if I space my meals too far apart I will also get a headache so I try to eat something every few hours. A 100 cal nutritious snack will work wonders.

Unfortunately for me, I am not able to eat small portions every couple of hours because of my job. I went in to work today figuring I would do that, space them out but because we were busy I didn't get to take my break as scheduled so I ended up with another headache because my small meals were too far apart. No caffeine or sugar for me either, only natural sugar that is in the food itself.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The macros digest at different rates so if you compose a meal like a maestro your blood sugars will stay relatively stable.

Fastest to digest are the carbs, but whey protein is even faster. Fiber slows them down.

Second fastest are the proteins.

Slowest are the fats.

Eggs are great because they are almost a perfect balance. Days I start with an egg, my blood sugars are solid as a rock.

Other foods that are naturally balanced with fat are avocado, all the nuts, and Edamame beans.

So try adding a little fat to your breakfast.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Headaches for me mean I'm usually not eating or drinking enough.