I'm here!!!

Options
dawnplc
dawnplc Posts: 11 Member
Hi my names Dawn, I'm 41 and have 1 son who's 11. In 2014 i lost 8st. Did it all on my own no slimming club.i just knew exactly what i was doing wrong. Since then ive sadly put it back on. I know silly me. Anyway i need to lose between 10 and 15 stone. Will see how i feel. I was diagnosed with diabetes this week. Yes sadly its taken this kick up the bum to get me back on track & motivated. Since the diagnosis 3 days ago I've been healthy eating. Aiming for 1,000 to 1,200 cals a day. So a very strict diet. So far so good. I'm smashing it. I know this won't be a walk in the park as for 30 years after losing my dad at age 10 I've comfort ate. Breaking a habit of a lifetime isn't easy & I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a food addict. So anyway whos with me??? Come on we can do this !!

Replies

• Ruthforrest66
    Ruthforrest66 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    dawnplc wrote: »
    Hi my names Dawn, I'm 41 and have 1 son who's 11. In 2014 i lost 8st. Did it all on my own no slimming club.i just knew exactly what i was doing wrong. Since then ive sadly put it back on. I know silly me. Anyway i need to lose between 10 and 15 stone. Will see how i feel. I was diagnosed with diabetes this week. Yes sadly its taken this kick up the bum to get me back on track & motivated. Since the diagnosis 3 days ago I've been healthy eating. Aiming for 1,000 to 1,200 cals a day. So a very strict diet. So far so good. I'm smashing it. I know this won't be a walk in the park as for 30 years after losing my dad at age 10 I've comfort ate. Breaking a habit of a lifetime isn't easy & I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a food addict. So anyway whos with me??? Come on we can do this !!

There's strength in numbers! Well done on starting today too!
  • Mariannemercy
    Mariannemercy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there dawnplc, good on you, that's great. I'm just starting back on here too. I started trying to lose weight again after getting depressed about losing my flexibility etc and too much fat around my belly. :-( anyway I have managed to lose 5 kg (11 lb) since January and have come on here three days ago to help keep the momentum going. I lost both my parents in my early 30s and that's when the weight piled on, no where near as tough as your loss, I know, but I can relate to the comfort eating. Hi to Ruth too. :-)
  • dawnplc
    Options
    Hi my names Dawn, I'm 41 and have 1 son who's 11. In 2014 i lost 8st. Did it all on my own no slimming club.i just knew exactly what i was doing wrong. Since then ive sadly put it back on. I know silly me. Anyway i need to lose between 10 and 15 stone. Will see how i feel. I was diagnosed with diabetes this week. Yes sadly its taken this kick up the bum to get me back on track & motivated. Since the diagnosis 3 days ago I've been healthy eating. Aiming for 1,000 to 1,200 cals a

There's strength in numbers! Well done on starting today too!

Thank you
  • dawnplc
    Options
    Hi there dawnplc, good on you, that's great. I'm just starting back on here too. I started trying to lose weight again after getting depressed about losing my flexibility etc and too much fat around my belly. :-( anyway I have managed to lose 5 kg (11 lb) since January and have come on here three days ago to help keep the momentum going. I lost both my parents in my early 30s and that's when the weight piled on, no where near as tough as your loss, I know, but I can relate to the comfort eating. Hi to Ruth too. :-)

Hi Maria so sorry for your losses there. Thats so hard to deal with. Any loss at any age is extremely difficult to cope with. On a lighter note no pun intended ha ha well done with your weight loss. Thats absolutely fantastic. You must be so proud of yourself & rightly so. Keep at it and you'll succeed x
  • katmt2001
    katmt2001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn. Good on you... Keep going girl! Wasn't going to talk in forum but admired your courage and effort..
  • dawnplc
    Options
    Thank you Kat, i think we all need a little inspiration sometimes. Hope you're doing ok with your diet. I wasn't going to use the forum either lol. But i guess it helps to chat and let people help you while you help others etc x
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Maybe you'll feel better, and even have a greater chance of success, if you attack it a little differently.
    You're not a food addict, you like food, just like everybody else. You comfort ate, that's sad, not silly.
    You have to be strict, but you're not supposed to undereat. Taking in under 1200 calories per day is not healthy.
  • dawnplc
    Options
    Welcome!
    Maybe you'll feel better, and even have a greater chance of success, if you attack it a little differently.
    You're not a food addict, you like food, just like everybody else. You comfort ate, that's sad, not silly.
    You have to be strict, but you're not supposed to undereat. Taking in under 1200 calories per day is not healthy.

Hi there yes i totally get where you're coming from. The doctor said its a very strict diet & even he couldn't stick to it. He said he'd be happy for me to increase my daily cals by 400 per day. He said see how i get on & if i start getting hungry ive to increase my cals. Thank you for your advice x