Looking for phone/texting accountability partner with female in her 30s

Options
egaeta26
egaeta26 Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2018 in Getting Started
I’m 36 and struggling with some digestive issues. My eating is on point but I’ve had a difficult time getting motivated to work out regularly. I’m hoping to try to get pregnant in the next couple of months so anything I can do for my health is really important. I’m looking for someone that is open to sharing texts, pictures, and checking in multiple times a week about workouts and fitness goals. I live in Brooklyn and I’m open to connecting to anyone in my age group who is also looking for fitness motivation.

[STAFF NOTE: Please don't post your personal email or phone number in the main forums]

Replies

• brig_it
    brig_it Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey there! You can add me as a friend. It sounds like you have a wonderful reason to stay fit. I used to be able to get up early and work out, and now I could use some help staying motivated to log my calories. It's awesome that your eating is on point! I also have been using Supporti to help hold me accountable every day, if you're interested!
  • egaeta26
    egaeta26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thoughtful response! Getting up early to exercise is something I could never do so I get how that could be hard. Because of my digestive issues, I can’t eat gluten or dairy so it makes staying on track with food easier (but not as delicious). I just signed up for Supporti. Thanks so much for that!
  • dilks93
    dilks93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Kind of looking for the same thing! I'm starting Beachbody ondemand this Monday and could definitely use an accountability partner! Texting would be way easier :)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    While it may be innocent, sharing your phone number for texting isn't something any of you should do without being very cautious. There are plenty of ways you can be tracked to your location just by sending a picture in a text. If you don't understand how that works I'd suggest you not do it. Be safe first and foremost. Stick to the messaging options on MFP until you are 100% certain the person you're talking to is a real person and has nothing nefarious in mind. Just a friendly warning. I work in Internet/Cyber security and have seen some crap that would make you think twice about this sort of thing.