Aldi

Im an Aldi shopper, what are people's must have low calorie snack from there? I need some inspo! Tia xx

Replies

• RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Frozen blueberries. They're crazy cheap there compared to other grocery stores. They're not super filling they're good when you get there munchies
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Not really low calorie, but some of my staples that I get are the flavored nuts (though they only get eaten at home), the Elevation bars (the coconut ones are my favorites), and my husband has become fond of some of their salame and cheeses.

We also always have 2-3 cases of their frut waters.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    hummous and flatbreads. the raw energy bars are nice and not too high in calories. Fruit and veggies. Rice cakes or crackers with cream cheese or some form of low cal spread. The little individual bags of vegetable based crisps and popcorn are nice too.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    String cheese, hummus & baby carrots, yogurt, Veggie Sticks.. those are all really cheap there and yummy.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    They sell bottled water which is about as low-calorie as you can get.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Their fat free Greek yogurt is just like Fage but way cheaper.
    Hike bars and That’s it bars are good energy snacks for fuelling long rides and runs.
    The skinny Thai Carrot Soup is delicious. Under 90c per portion and I add cooked chicken breast, mixed green veggies like broccoli etc then have a 100cal sandwich thin on the side to dip in.
    The Salt & Vinegar pea snacks are yummy, about 80cal. Good protein but also high fat.
    Individual bags of popcorn.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Frozen riced cauliflower - so I can make may favorite rice dishes for way fewer calories.
    Journey to India sauces - not super low calorie (1/2 cup is 40-70 cals), but they make plain chicken and vegetables taste like fancy Indian food.
    They have lower-calorie Korean sauces that I just got yesterday, haven't tried them yet but I expect good things.
  • CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    They have knock off Laughing cow cheese wedges. 25 calories per wedge. Taste great too.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Baby carrots and sugar free popsicles.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    edited March 2018
    eggs, cucumbers, canteloupe, pineapple, raw walnuts, raw almonds & avocados
  • sarahscott9064
    sarahscott9064 Posts: 28 Member
    Their produce is the cheapest I have found! I buy almost all of mine there.
    Produce
    Eggs
    Hummus
    String cheese
    Greek yogurt
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    Not a snack, but my favourite Aldi buys are the Slim Free range ready meals. They are large, have really good, fresh ingredients, are incredibly tasty and only cost £1.99 each. My faves are sweet potato curry and bolognese ragu. Poured over a huge plate of veg and topped with half-fat creme fraiche, they still come in at around 400 or so.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Things I always make sure I have:

Fresh spinach
    Fresh berries - raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
    Celery
    1% cottage cheese (has better macro split than fat-free)
    100-cal Greek yogurts
    Rice cakes

@Kathryn247 - What kind of vegetables do you use in that recipe?
  • Jazjakesmummy2016
    Jazjakesmummy2016 Posts: 9 Member
    Thankyou everyone! I went with my list this morning and stocked up on low fat snacks, will let u know how I get on!!