Great Start but kgs now very slow to drop

Options
TamsterC
TamsterC Posts: 5 Member
Hi Guys, first timer with MFP. 5 weeks in. First week a cracker with 4 kg drop, followed by 3, 1.5, 0.5 and this week so far 0. My days used to comprise of zero, I mean absolutely no exercise to now daily 40 min brisk walks with my dog or 40 min on the treadmill, some days I do both. My eating habits were pathetic, in my mind I didn't have the time to eat with a busy career and young children. My days used to start with a Iced Coffee, most lunches I skipped as I didn't stop to take a lunch break, on my way out of the office I would grab 3-4 mini Cadbury chocolates and then when I arrive late home I would grab whatever snack I could find in the fridge or cupboard. This has certainly changed, now eating plenty and very healthy - approx. 4300 to 5000 kjs per day. My measurements are decreasing and I have dropped a dress size which is fantastic, I can certainly feel the difference. This in itself should keep my momentum going, it has and it will but just a little disheartened the last 3 weeks I have only dropped 1.5 kgs. Understand first few weeks usually bring the best results, will keep going as surely over time the kgs will drop. Love to hear anyone else in similar situation needing a little boost whilst kjs are slow to drop. Cheers!

Replies

• mayas135
    mayas135 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It depends on your starting weight and you calorie intake. What is your weight?

You've also clearly lost a size so that's really good!
  • TamsterC
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Start weight was 124 kgs, now 115 kgs. Daily intake 4300-5000 kjs (1050-1200 calories). Cheers
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    If you're not using a food scale, get one. Weigh everything and accurately record it. Weight loss always slows after that initial drop but as long as you have an overall consistent loss you're on the right track. It's not unusual not to have a loss one week here and there. But the logging is definitely the place to start looking.
  • TamsterC
    Options
    Thanks. Am weighing approx. 90 % of foods, tend to overlook some veggies like lettuce, beans, broccoli etc I usually estimate these. Just had a quick look back over my logs and it shows my best results when I was eating up to 1000 kjs extra, very telling.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You've lost 9kg in 5 weeks, that's great!
    You won't see weight loss every week necessarily, it's not linear like that. Just keep doing what you're doing and it will come off.

I'm not very familiar with kjs but I think you're not eating enough. You should make should you get 1200cal net as a minimum. The food scale suggestion is also very good.

Someone will come and post the useful flow chart soon.
  • TamsterC
    Options
    Thanks, 1200 cal = 5000 kjs. I am eating just under, therefore I will add another fruit (apple/banana) for the day and see how I go. Cheers