New to this... 40 days in and starting to get weak mentally

Hi Everyone...
This is my first post. My name is Marisa and I started my journey 40 days ago after a routine doctor's appointment. I have been a type 2 diabetic for a very long time and never took it as seriously as I should have. The last appointment, my doctor told me that if things didn't change I would need to take insulin to control my diabetes. I cried all the way home. I DO NOT WANT TO GET TO THAT POINT!! I'm only 45... I started my change that day. I've slipped up a few times with my eating habits, but I have lost 11 lbs. so far, my blood sugar is better than it has been in a very long time. I guess I am finding that I am feeling weak about my diet and exercise on weekends... I think I can only cheat a little and that will be ok... but I know it would be a downward spiral for me. I'm just having more 'weak' moments than usual this past week... I still have a long road ahead, the rest of my life. Thank you for letting me vent and introduce myself. I think reaching out to others might be the spark I need to beat the weak points. Good luck to everyone... You can do it!!

Replies

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    We aren't perfect! We have slip ups, some weeks more than others. Don't forget that the fact that you are trying is a huge success and acknowledging slips ups means you are being honest with yourself. Both of those things puts you ahead on the road to a healtheir you than your habits 40+ days ago.

Good luck!
  • b1stmrs12
    b1stmrs12 Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you. It sure is hard!
  • Industrialdieter
    Industrialdieter Posts: 6 Member
    Good for you for losing the 11 pounds! I find that seeing the weight come off is excellent motivation to keep up good habits.
  • logisticsjoe
    logisticsjoe Posts: 7 Member
    Feel free to add me. My circle of friends (kind of small) communicates pretty regularly. We can all help each other!
  • NewBetterBest18
    NewBetterBest18 Posts: 165 Member
    edited March 2018
    Next week will be my 1 year anniversary since I decided to change my lifestyle and get healthy. It's been a long hard journey but worth every day of poor decisions and lots of sweat. Everyone will have good days and bad days. The key to success is to put the bad days behind you and start over. Keep starting over if you have to. Don't give up. Take it one day at a time. I find that reading everyone's success stories really helps to motivate me. I've lost 56 lbs and 41.25 inches off of my 5ft 5 body. I'm 60 yrs old and have cut my BP meds in half. I was pre-diabetic myself. I try to simply walk 10,000 steps a day and do zumba 3 times a week. Last year at this time I was a slug, always tired wearing a size 2XL. I have more energy now than I've had in over 25 years now wearing a size Medium. I'm so HAPPY I began this journey. I'm not done yet. I still have 20 more pounds to get to my initial goal. If I can do it, trust me, you can do it! Good Luck.
  • b1stmrs12
    b1stmrs12 Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you for your encouragement! Your story is going to be my story. I will not quit until i reach my goals. It is easier one day at a time. Thank you for reminding me of this. <3