Best place to buy RxBars?

Options
jesguinn
jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
Can anyone recommend a good place to buy RxBars? I can only buy singles and they’re two bars for $5 at the grocery store. I ordered some from the RxBar website today with a coupon code and picked up two twelve packs for about $37- not as bad as the $50+ it would have been without the discount. Any tips on where I might buy them in bulk at a good price?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Check amazon and groupon, too. I see some 12 packs for $20 each on amazon, some less if you subscribe for regular shipments.

Have you tried larabars? They're not quite as great on macros if you're looking for the protein, but they're often cheaper. Plus they're easy to make yourself if that's something you're interested in!

~Lyssa
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I agree with Amazon, especially if you have Amazon Prime. You can get a lot of different protein bars and supplements. If you sign up for Amazon Pantry, you can find additional discounts and they'll deliver whatever other groceries you need. It's a great way to order in bulk without having to do a CostCo run.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I used to get mine from Vitacost. They offer tons of coupons once you sign up for an account and you can easily get them from 10-20% off a box.
  • Kida181
    Kida181 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    They sell boxes of them at Target...I think 5 or 6 per box. I'm not sure the cost.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If you have a Sprouts near you they go on sale there for as low as 2 for $3.
  • buildingmyhappy
    buildingmyhappy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Target sometimes has a really good sale. I use the discount codes I get from Vitamin Shoppe. I love these things so I've slowly started to suck it up on the price. : (
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I love these. Amazon for me.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    AMAZON!! They send out random 2-10 off coupons all the time. Or during sales vitamin shoppe/vitacost/etc.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Got a stupid questsion for those ordering bars online. It's not an issue here now, but will be in a couple months. Don't the bars become melted mess if the box is left at the door on a hot day when you are at work?

Our Wal-Mart has limited varieties for $6.97 for 4.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Got a stupid questsion for those ordering bars online. It's not an issue here now, but will be in a couple months. Don't the bars become melted mess if the box is left at the door on a hot day when you are at work?

Easy solution- get them delivered to your work instead.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »

Easy solution- get them delivered to your work instead.

MIght work for some. I work for a mutl-national corporation in a large office. My workplace doesn't allow personal package deliveries.
  • jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! The price is steep, but they are so good that I'll just have to stomach it. It would be nice to be able to buy bigger boxes of them because I eat one pretty much every day!
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options

I order mine from amazon and I've never had an issue with them being melted when I bring them inside. But maybe my mail gets dropped off later in the day and I just don't know it?
  • Data247
    Data247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazon doesn't seem to be such a great deal for me and they dont offer all of the flavors. I've had the best luck with the rxbar website and I usually do a google search for promo codes and can usually get at least 10% off. I also got a present of a case of the kids bars last year for free. So maybe if you are a good customer with them directly, it helps your chances of a free gift here and there.