Anyone Have an Irregular Heartbeat?

Options
I have a trigeminal/quadrigeminal rhythm where I throw PVCs. Anyone else have an irregular heartbeat, does it effect your workouts?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @krissmb I am going to move this to the general help board since you didnt get any reponses here.
  • iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey @krissmb, I have PVCs usually daily (PPCM w/congestive heart failure, recovered but my electrical system kept a hiccup). The only time it affects my workouts is when I get close to max heart rate (over 150). Every now and then it starts to get a bit erratic at that point if I stay at it for more than several seconds. Once I knock it back down under 150, it's totally fine. Also, if I'm extra tired, have not eaten enough, or have not had enough water (or am fighting a virus), sometimes I'll have more PVCs than usual during my workout. When that happens, I just stop for a minute to let my heart catch up, and then I go right back to it.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    krissmb wrote: »
    Anyone else have an irregular heartbeat, does it effect your workouts?

Yes and no.

• crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it only affects my workouts very occasionally. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve had to completely stop a workout because it was too much to continue, so it’s pretty rare. I usually just work through it and it settles down.
  • SSpeakes
    SSpeakes Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have PVCs as well. I've never had any issues with it from working out. The only time they bother me is when I've not eaten enough or especially when I've not had enough water.
  • crisma1974
    crisma1974 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have pvc and it does not affect my workouts.
  • Xxjayxxxxx
    Xxjayxxxxx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have one no affect.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I have them, but not during workouts. Sometimes they kick in when I've run up the stairs and then laid down. But overall mine are usually stress related, and I have a prescription beta blocker for when they really bother me.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    That's what the doctors said when I was young - like 45 years ago. I was also to die by 12 years old, and I'm 52 now.