Looking for some motivating friends

Options
Hi everyone. Names Shelley. I'm 23 years old and about 60 pounds overweight. I've tried to diet in earnest probably about six times, but I can't ever keep it up. The last time around I lost 20 pounds, mostly from using this app on my iPod, but I gained it all back. I wanted to lose 20 pounds in order to fit into a special dress for a friends wedding, but instead of losing it, I gained 5 pounds. A few days ago, I went to the store to buy a swimsuit because I've become too heavy for mine. It was the most frustrating experience I've ever had shopping for clothes. In addition to being overweight, I have a large bust... I'm a double GG to be exact, so swim wear is the most frustrating clothing to find. I threw a huge fit in the middle of the store and wouldn't come out of the dressing room. I burst into tears and could not stop sobbing and I actually told myself, "I am going to hang myself when I get home."

There's no reason for me to be young and depressed like this. I just have to get it right this time. I've always liked this app, but it would be nice to meet people in similar situations who will encourage me, and whom I also can encourage.

Replies

• hugabug75
    Options
    I also would like some motivating friends. Although I have alot more weight to loss I too have gone through the ups and downs of past diets. Just last year I had lost almost 70lbs then i ran out of steam just when i was starting to feel alittle better. Needless to say I gained it all back but 20lbs. So I am determined this time no matter how good I feel I will reach my goal with alittle help from my family and fitness pal friends. So what do u say we team up to beat the fat...
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    U can add me. I have about 50 lbs I would like to lose. I have the same problems with clothes my boyfriend always wants to take me to the store and buy me new clothes, but because I hate the way I look in all the clothes I try on I refuse and I haven't bought any new clothes for about 4 years. All I wear is t-shirts and jeans.
  • 59saladgirl
    Options
    Iam in at 65 lbs to loose. I undestand how you feel about the clothes. Sounds like me ,I love to shop but not for clothes