New Dad

Options
I'm a taller guy that has always been able to shed weight easier with little effort. Now in my mid-forties and a new dad, I'm afraid I've gotten a bit too cocky about that over the past few years and an unwanted 15-20lbs is now hanging all about my torso. I'm finally back in the gym, afraid I won't be able to lift my rapidly growing son soon! But the way things used to melt away seems different these days. They said this would happen and I am determined to keep plugging away. After all, a few weeks in the gym is hardly enough to cancel out the past few years of relaxing with a few cold IPAs and my penchant for cooking. With a little help here, I hope to maintain my fitness level and perhaps curb my portion sizes to slow the calorie stores. As for the IPAs...lots of great stuff here in San Diego to be had but let's be honest, a big part of my current state is the number 12 oz. curls I do per week. I'll keep an eye on it. o:)

Replies

• training4half87
    training4half87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being a new dad!!! Best of luck!
  • whitemountainhiker
    whitemountainhiker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a new dad like you, and am in my forties like you.
    Enjoy the ride.
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    congrats and I am new too... well, 7 months in.. new enough that I still sleep 3-5 hrs a day all broken up haha