When you take pics..

Options
mmstgr
mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
How many of you are sucking it in?

I've seen so many success stories with the "after" pics of people sucking in their bellies.

Just wondering why some people do it. When you've worked so hard to get as far as you have... why cheat yourself of the true results?

Replies

• littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't suck in, but people have commented that I look like I am. It's just that my posture's changed and my ribcage is ridiculously big (my doctor used some other...more sensitive words LOL). I actually get pretty offended when people say I'm sucking in, so perhaps that's the case for other people as well?
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that too. I saw someone post that comment on a photo of someone obviously sucking it in and they defended themselves up and down.

(((shrug))) I guess to each their own.
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options
    lol
  • purnurple
    purnurple Posts: 102
    Options
    i ahve the ribcage problem too. and its like i dont push out but i hold myself up.
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I don't suck in but I try to put one leg in front of the other so my hips look smaller lol!
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This is too funny. U r right though.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't suck in but I try to put one leg in front of the other so my hips look smaller lol!

very strategic, i like it! lol
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I also dont think "here I am 3 days before delivering my baby" count as BEFORE pictures (really the baby and placenta and fluids will make you lose 15 lbs get over it!) And since alot of celebrities who are thin still admit to wearing spanx I cant say I blame people for sucking it in atleast

**PS I dont suck it in**
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

very strategic, i like it! lol

That is actually a professional modeling tip I was told years ago, it really works!
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't suck it in... but stick my chest out to make my tummy look smaller and I don't wear shirts that actually show any tummy. =P
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I don't suck it, but I do tighten my tummy muscles...pretty sure it doesn't look like I'm sucking in though, I'm not small enough for that ;)
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    maybe they were sucking in in their before pics too but you just couldn't tell then *S*
  • ma66ie72
    ma66ie72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Is that why people do that??!! The things you learn!
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Exercise will make posture better. Who cares if they suck it in if someone loses 50 pounds they have that right. Show it off I say!!!!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    We should all do the reverse and stick our tummies way out.. :D
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My lower abs are my biggest problem
    I cant even suck them in :grumble:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Heck, I try to keep it sucked in anytime I'm out in public! Haven't done "after" pics yet but when I do I'll probably be sucking it in then too. :D
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    We should all do the reverse and stick our tummies way out.. :D

I agree!!! I'd do well at that one lol
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have an answer. When I sucked it in, my post got pages of comments. When I relaxed it, my post got 2 comments. I also notice that people smile in the after pic.

AND, you should see the stuff I pull on the golf course. Out of bounds? What's that?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I think it really has more to do with the way a person feels in their 'after' or 'during' pics.

Once you take that initial "before" picture and notice that you're not smiling, your posture sucks, and you didn't even hold you abs comfortably, just letting it all hang out, you think more about the pictures you take after. People want to look their best in photos whether they're sweaty and in gym clothes and 80 pounds overweight or not.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!