Succes stories of normal to toned please!!!

Options
Krisydee
Krisydee Posts: 100 Member
Any success stories of people who started at a normal weight and ended up meeting their goal of being more cut, fit or toned? Would love to see some pictures for motivation.

Replies

• Matt151288mfp
    Matt151288mfp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Krisydee wrote: »
    Any success stories of people who started at a normal weight and ended up meeting their goal of being more cut, fit or toned? Would love to see some pictures for motivation.
    lift weights eat in a deficit get sufficient protein in you will lean down nicely n have that athletic look lots of pics in here of ppl who have achieved that just keep been consistent you will get there :)

• Matt151288mfp
    Options
    There’s quite a few in there photo only success story thread if you can be botherd to back track thru all those pages lol
  • Krisydee
    Options
    I know how to get cutt, i have done it before but it has been a few years now and I'm finding that the older I get the more motivation and decipline I need (hence why I wrote this post).
  • Matt151288mfp
    Options
    I know how to get cutt, i have done it before but it has been a few years now and I'm finding that the older I get the more motivation and decipline I need (hence why I wrote this post).
    Aw ok didnt know that lol...have a check in that thread I mentioned there’s loads but you need to do a lot of backtracking haha
  • Krisydee
    Options
    Ok I'll try lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    After I lost my baby weight after having my first without exercise, I wasn't as fit as I wanted.. my bodyfat was high. Took about a year to fix. I started lifting and I cut, bulked, cut again. But you can also try eating at maintenance and recomping.
  • Krisydee
    Options
    Ok... I am attepmting to post a picture of my body ATM. Hopefully it works.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gnunc8rwdm4nwa/img1516324118176.jpg?dl=0
  • sardelsa
    Options
    You look great! What are you doing right now? What are your stats?
  • Krisydee
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    You look great! What are you doing right now? What are your stats?

I'm 173lbs and 5"7
  • Krisydee
    Options
    I started at a normal body weight, dropped fat, added some fat and muscle back, then dropped some fat again. All within normal body weight.

6jativbi5mgy.jpg

Nice! Thats exactly what i want. Its not too much either. Looks good. So that took you 2 years?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Yes, that was over 2 years. It was more of a recomp. I wasn't actively trying to gain mass. But I had stopped logging and just concentrated on progressive lifting.
  • Krisydee
    Options
    Oh ok. Yea in this link here I weigh 175lbs in the right pic and 172lbs in the left pic. Been doing weigh lifting for a while but I am plateauing and my numbers and results aren't budging.... Sooooo frustrating!!!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzyg1ivzwalj5ol/IMG_20180312_234747.jpg?dl=0
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    It looks like you've already done quite a big recomp yourself. I think you are just going to have to continue to be patient if you don't want to do an aggressive cut. Honestly, my lifts did not change a huge amount after the first year. For one reason, I started 5/3/1 and it starts you off VERY light and takes a long time to add weight, so it was probably 6-9 months before I was attempting to lift more than I was before I started the program. Also I had various injuries that would cause me to take a break on a certain muscle group and have to start over to rebuild that strength. I currently have both a fractured kneecap as well as bursitis/tendonosis in my shoulder. So I'm pretty much out of the game and will have to completely start over to build up my strength.

I don't have a lot of patience/motivation for doing cuts either, so the recomp method seems to work well for me. Since you are also already at a healthy weight, just continue doing your thing and watching your body change over time as you live your life and continue working on your health/fitness. If you are getting frustrated with your lifts not quickly going up, maybe add some other goals. I like calisthenics too, so I like working towards learning new skills like handstands, levers, acrobatics, etc.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    @mom23mangos your transformation photo always wows me.. amazing :)
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    miqrx5njf35h.jpg

This is an old picture, but I am running out the door so it's all I have got. I didn't start at a normal weight exactly, I was overweight but lost weight down from about 188 to 132 which was between 2009 & 2012. Between 2013 and 16 I ran a bulk and a lot of recomp. I have since bulked again (my current profile pic is just last week). Working on some slow recomp again now. I think you look great in your pics and as others have said, just stay patient, you will see results!

EDIT! Why is the pic so small, haha. SORRY!
  • Krisydee
    Options
    AgentFlex wrote: »
    miqrx5njf35h.jpg

This is an old picture, but I am running out the door so it's all I have got. I didn't start at a normal weight exactly, I was overweight but lost weight down from about 188 to 132 which was between 2009 & 2012. Between 2013 and 16 I ran a bulk and a lot of recomp. I have since bulked again (my current profile pic is just last week). Working on some slow recomp again now. I think you look great in your pics and as others have said, just stay patient, you will see results!

Thank you And yes your pics are ridiculously small lol but good for you regardless! :)
  • Krisydee
    Options
    It looks like you've already done quite a big recomp yourself. I think you are just going to have to continue to be patient if you don't want to do an aggressive cut. Honestly, my lifts did not change a huge amount after the first year. For one reason, I started 5/3/1 and it starts you off VERY light and takes a long time to add weight, so it was probably 6-9 months before I was attempting to lift more than I was before I started the program. Also I had various injuries that would cause me to take a break on a certain muscle group and have to start over to rebuild that strength. I currently have both a fractured kneecap as well as bursitis/tendonosis in my shoulder. So I'm pretty much out of the game and will have to completely start over to build up my strength.

I don't have a lot of patience/motivation for doing cuts either, so the recomp method seems to work well for me. Since you are also already at a healthy weight, just continue doing your thing and watching your body change over time as you live your life and continue working on your health/fitness. If you are getting frustrated with your lifts not quickly going up, maybe add some other goals. I like calisthenics too, so I like working towards learning new skills like handstands, levers, acrobatics, etc.

Thanks for the Advice but what is recomp method???
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    AgentFlex wrote: »
    miqrx5njf35h.jpg

lol mb. Worlds tiniest progress pic.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I hope no one ever calls me toned but I went from a chubster to pretty fit looking. I had a dcent amount of weight to lose so the first 9-12 months was getting fat off, then I bulked, then I failed at cutting, then I bulked some more. I somehow ended up looking like this and weighing 150lbs again lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!