New Exercise Ideas

Options
So I am bored of the gym and walking around my town. Anyone have any new, fun workouts they are doing at home or outside?
Any and all suggestions appreciated!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just found an old workout DVD with a kickboxing routine and I loved it. I saw a few posts on here about spinning classes and it sounds like fun, but I don't know how to go about signing up.
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have heard that Zumba is really fun. I am also really enjoying new exercise dvds via netflix, I am sure that hulu.com probably has some too if you aren't a netfliz member.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Dancing!
    You can try the video games-type, or even zumba :)
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Ride a bike. You get twice as much bank for your buck riding a bike than walking, same time, double the calories! and its fun too.
  • rebel9
    rebel9 Posts: 16
    Options
    YouTube is full of workout videos. You can find pretty much anything you want there, and you can change up your workout every single day if you like, or subscribe to a channel and do their workouts everyday. You can even sign up to multiple channels so that you can switch it up every few days.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun. Yoga is fun. Lifting weights sounds like it would be boring, but it's actually not. I get my jollies from it. You can pick up a book from your local library and a set of dumbbells and get some great workout ideas that way.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    our cable (comcast) has a channel in the "on demand' called fitness tv. there are tons and tons of FREE workout videos. everything from mild yoga to some insane stuff!
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Get a video of a production of "Stomp," buy a long handled broom, some boots, and some various trash cans, buckets, wooden dowels, and try to keep up with what the performers are doing. Or just the boots and copy the rhythms.

(I've always wanted to do that, but I don't own a DVD player!)
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    Get a video of a production of "Stomp," buy a long handled broom, some boots, and some various trash cans, buckets, wooden dowels, and try to keep up with what the performers are doing. Or just the boots and copy the rhythms.

(I've always wanted to do that, but I don't own a DVD player!)

hahaha fun! my downstairs neighbors would LOVE this!
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    I bought a cheap bmx off a trade and exchange website, I burn over 500 cals a day with it! I go early in the morning (5.30 - 6.00) probably one of my best investments!
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Thank you all for the great suggestions. Think I will try a new one each day! :happy:
  • lilcuteness
    lilcuteness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really like Ballet Barre type workouts (there's a hundred of them out there). They tone you so deeply with very small movements. I bet you can even find one on YouTube like someone else suggested.
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    Dancing!
    You can try the video games-type, or even zumba :)

Zumba! Best thing ever, you must give this a go!