Women 65 and over

Options
65 year old nurse working back on the floor. Need to lose 60 lbs. feet and legs hurt. Need encouragement

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Good on you for getting the jobgone
  • igandkitty
    igandkitty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    75 yrs old, highest weight 190, current weight 174, goal 140. staying on target is not easy. You can add me to your support group.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    70 here
  • OKbookwoman
    OKbookwoman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    65+ Recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and called the "O" word by my physician! Well, technically... I guess so! I started back on MFP in January and have lost almost half of my way to my final goal. Eating with diabetes has been a challenge for me, but I feel better (and look better). Just wish people would stop sending me "Healthy" recipes that aren't compatible with my food restrictions! I know...they mean well!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Just turned 65 this past week. Have more than 65 to lose. I work full time and am trying to find time to fit in more exercise. I go to Aquafit 3 times a week. Arthritis flares up in my knee occasionally. I lost a lot but when I went back to work I gained most back. I stopped the gain and am trying to get back to losing.
  • benton525
    benton525 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love all the responses. Stick together girls. We're 65 and over and we have a lot of years of strength and knowledge ..I just need to hear from all of you ladies to keep me motivated. .....I work tonight at the hospital, 12 hrs .....my knees are already hurting just thinking about it ..ugh
  • benton525
    benton525 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also..HOW do you stop eating at night..?. I munch all evening:(
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    lately I have been snacking more :( . Usually I try to stay with 3 meals and 1 small dessertish thing after dinner
  • igandkitty
    igandkitty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "Everyday you do not change is another day you miss the person you could become."
    Today I put this saying on my computer so I would see it in the morning. I had posted it back in Jan. 2013 to start the new year, but like many things life happens and got in the way of my good intentions. I weighed 196, up and down since then, over the years I have found as much as I hate keeping a food journal - it works. I also try to plan the next days meals or snacks in advance, it keeps me on track.
  • holmesgh
    holmesgh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone I'm new here in this group. Not sure why probably because of COVID and all the restrictions we are currently under but am feeling like I need to do more for myself on a daily basis....joining for the support and motivation that we can be to each other....looking forward to making new friends near and far....Have a great day everyone....and remember its one step at a time :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,704 Member
    Options
    holmesgh wrote: »
    Morning everyone I'm new here in this group. Not sure why probably because of COVID and all the restrictions we are currently under but am feeling like I need to do more for myself on a daily basis....joining for the support and motivation that we can be to each other....looking forward to making new friends near and far....Have a great day everyone....and remember its one step at a time :)

@holmesgh, since this thread got its last post in 2018 (last before yours), you might want to consider participating in a more current thread, such as this one, that's somewhat similar and more recently active.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up#latest

Nice folks in there!

Wishing you much success!