At home workout routine

Options
I'm a stay at home mom and need help trying to figure out exercises that I can do at home. I was hoping you all could share your workout routines and tips? I walk everyday but need to start doing some strength exercises as well!
Thanks, cheers!

Replies

• Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    DVD..... they are great. You can get cheaper ones on amazon. They have used ones you can buy just as good as the new ones. Try low max by cathe friedrich...
  • sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom too. I like doing the biggest loser videos as well as some of the beachbody videos. I'm doing the 10-minute trainer and P90X. I also have an ellipical that I do when I'm tired of the videos!

Good luck with your training.
  • annadilynn
    Options
    if you have On Demand, there are exercise shows on there.. :0)
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a SAHM and need to work out at home. I have a kettlebell that I LOVE, and I also do DVDs. I have the Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones, and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. The BFBM one is great because you don't need any equipment, the NMTZ you need hand weights (or jars of spaghetti sauce!!!).

Good luck! And feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Netflix has quite a few if you have access to that. I personally love doing the pilates videos they have.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I'm a SAHM too! I started Turbo Fire in April and love it! I'm a big fan of workout DVDs.
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a stay-at-home mom and don't have much opportunity for the gym. I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred dvd and I actually feel like I've had a major workout afterwards!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I have a gym in my basement; treadmill, recumbent bike, weights, leg-matic machine, ab roller, and ab something or other as well! :)
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I really recommend Lindsay Brin (Moms into Fitness). You can get the DVDs individually, but you could instead purchase her 60-day slimdown system. I'm on Day 31 of it now and I've lost 10 pounds and 7 inches off my waist. It's specifically meant for Moms and the workouts are intense, but less than 45 minutes (most 30 min or less) since as a Mom of 3 herself, she knows how busy Moms are.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to workout dvd's!! Tae Bo, The Firm, Jillian Michaels, Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds, are some of my favorites :) If you just want to test drive before you buy, then check with your library! My library has a website where I can request them from home, and they have them waiting for me when I go.
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay-at-home mom too. I can usually workout when my 2 yr old naps. I love doing Beachbody's Turbo Fire DVD series! I've completed 20 wks of it and now I'm starting over again with Round 2. It's great, intense cardio workout with some 1 min "fire drills" high intensity drills sprinkled in to get your heart rate up for just a minute. It's given me great results. Each day has a different workout so I don't get bored with it.
    It's challenging enough so that there's always another higher level to go to. And every move can be modified to low impact for beginners or those who need to be safer on their knees. There's one lady on stage that shows all the modified moves while the workout is going on.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I keep Zumba, Turbo Jam, and Yoga DVDs in my arsenal for stay at home days.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I work out at home everyday. I used Zumba, Just Dance 2, and My Fitness Coach on the Wii. I just got turned on to Nike Training Club. Awesome workout. You download the app and it gives you a personalized workout. Tried it tonight for the first time and loved it (not loved actually, but it was a great workout).
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    There are some free workout DVDs on hulu.com. I haven't done them personally, so I don't know if there are strength/weight training ones, but I would assume there's a variety.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    There are some free workout DVDs on hulu.com. I haven't done them personally, so I don't know if there are strength/weight training ones, but I would assume there's a variety.

Alright, I explored this a little more. If you go to hulu.com, and scroll to the bottom and click "genres" then pick "health and wellness," there are variety of options. The easiest way I found was after selecting health and wellness, clicking the "videos" tab, and then searching for whatever you're looking for (cardio workout vs. strength workout or anything else). Hope that helps!
  • aklindsay
    aklindsay Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i really like the biggest loser dvds! tae bo is great for a really good cardio burn. and when i just wanna dance...i do some sweatin' to the oldies with richard simmons (although i may burn more from laughing during that one!)
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I always workout at home. I do Jillian Michaels dvds. On demand has some great workouts on exercise tv including some of Jillian Michaels. I also have a treadmill but when it's nice I get up before anyone else is awake and run 2 miles outside.