Trying this again

Options
I've been on this journey before but the thing that's different this time is that I'm no longer in a hurry to loose the weight. Slow and steady is my new mindset. I feel like I'm in a different place and loosing the weight is a more deeper and serious lifestyle change that I'm embracing whole heartily.

Replies

• beansontoast2014
    beansontoast2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Slow & steady is the best !! way good luck you can do this
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I am currently on a pretty restricted diet for medical reasons, but I take the time to picture my life without the old habits. One simply does not eat a pint of ice cream at a time: it is meant to be shared, even if only with myself at a later date.
  • UncaToddly
    UncaToddly Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. After a peak of 387 a few years ago I started working on it and made it down to 295 about a year ago before the wheels fell off and I got back up to 356 by going back to eating what I wanted whenever I wanted it.

I have been needing to get back at it but just never got around to it until the wife's diabetes changed and she could no longer manage it with a pill. So we are both going for it this time, her for health reasons and mine more weight focused. We are going back to low carb/high protein and committing to going to the gym (Planet Fitness) Mon-Wed-Fri and walking the dogs in between.

It feels good to be doing it together in the same direction. In the past we (mostly me) haven't been working on the same page so to speak.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    This is a Marathon not a Sprint!
    A LIFETIME COMMITMENT.

Once you get your head in that mindset and commit to pushing....
    Every single day-Than the results WILL happen!