Getting Divorced, Time to focus on ME! (Round two weight loss journey)

Options
Hello everyone!!!

My name is Tabitha and i am currently in the process of a divorce. I am here to FINALLY feel good about myself again. I want to gain some self love and self growth during this process. I previously had a MFP account but deleted it to start over fresh! I have been on and off mfp for over 7 years. In the first 2 years I had managed to lose 80lbs (after my first child) but with the stress of everyday life and 2 kids later I am almost back up to my original start weight. I was 225lbs when I started my first journey and my lowest weight was 140lbs. At the time, I felt like I was STILL unhappy after losing 80lbs but I see now just how "thin" I was and I want to be there again. I had always felt fat because I had a lot of excess skin and a gut. I am currently sitting around 220lbs, I am looking to lose 80lbs again! My biggest challenge isn't so much working out because once I get in routine I like working out. I am a very picky eater and basically like no healthy foods. So I am trying to think of new ways to start out because I don't want to eat crap. My first journey I still ate what I wanted for the most part but made portions smaller and stuck to the same foods but I burnt myself out so I am trying to come up with things I love but a lighter version. You cant out exercise a bad diet so I don't want to put in all the work and see little results. Since I am starting over I would like to be friends with like minded people or some that have been in similar situations.

Thank you!
Tabitha

Replies

• sarahscott9064
    sarahscott9064 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I’m on my own journey, as well, trying to find ME and hold myself accountable as I find my happiness again!
  • Xxjayxxxxx
    Xxjayxxxxx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Good on you just be positive and you will be fine.
  • TabiiJoyy
    TabiiJoyy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am doing pretty decent emotionally with all this. Juggling my new routine with working full time and taking care of the kids has been a bit challenging but soon it will be the new norm. Going on week 3 of being separated (moved out) I still have yet to actually start eating healthy or work out but I am definitely watching portions here and there.
  • TabiiJoyy
    TabiiJoyy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In 2002, after 20 years my husband (now ex-husband) left me. I filed for divorce 3 days later. It would have been sooner but he left me on a long weekend. I lost 40 lbs in the next 4 months. People who hadn't seen me since my divorce told me how great I looked. When they asked how I did it, I told them, "I lost 220 lbs of unwanted weight on September 16, 2002. He went home to his mother. The rest of the weight just melted off." :D

Mine was psychologically abusive (he would tell me I was too fat, when I announced I was going on a diet he would get up from his chair, go to the store, get 2 gallons of my favorite ice cream and eat bowl after bowl in front of me) but I never realized how bad it was until he was gone.

The best part is, though, that revenge body is the BEST!! (Wish I'd kept mine, but I'm getting it back now.)

Oh wow, that must've been miserable! I do feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders. YES, the revenge body. The divorce was my choice but he is (mostly) at fault for the failure of our marriage. He "loves" me either big or small. I was big when we met and then I got "skinny" n of course that hotter for him so he will for sure be jealous he lost me once I look good again. But most of all, I want to do this for ME. I want to feel confident and strong again!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ahhh best time to lose weight! My cousin is loving life right now after her divorce and loss of 80lbs. You do you girly! Just remember Living well is the best revenge.
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same journey as well, divorce was final the week before Thanksgiving. Now I'm focused on myself. You can do this :)
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am also going through this journey. Almost have the agreement in place. Hardest part has been the waiting to get it done.