Does dating still exist?

Options
BeamingBadass
BeamingBadass Posts: 1,454 Member
I was with my ex husband for a significant amount of time and being back in the dating world is so strange. Do people still date? Like exclusively? Or even enjoy good conversation? Just curious on others experiences

Replies

• 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'd say take some time for yourself first..depending on how recent the break up was...but there's a range if dating out there..i think there's a lot of hooking up...but there's some who are genuine looking for something more serious ...dating apps I think are mostly filled with marrieds looking to cheat or less serious daters ...just my 2 cents
  • BeamingBadass
    Options
    123tacos wrote: »
    I'd say take some time for yourself first..depending on how recent the break up was...but there's a range if dating out there..i think there's a lot of hooking up...but there's some who are genuine looking for something more serious ...dating apps I think are mostly filled with marrieds looking to cheat or less serious daters ...just my 2 cents

Oh its been quite some time.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The best conversations most of us have are right here on chitchat. Life sucks when everybody has their eyes on a smartphone all the time.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Yes dating exists
  • BeamingBadass
    Options
    Dating apps are a joke... took me just a few short minutes to conclude that I'd much rather meet someone by a twist of fate!

Love it!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I honestly would not want to date in this day and age. Too many bs artists out there online. At least face to face hopefully (hopefully...) You can gauge their intentions and sincerity quicker than just reading all the right words online.

All the best of luck though. Don't ignore those red flags though!
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    No, it does not
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I was with my ex husband for a significant amount of time and being back in the dating world is so strange. Do people still date? Like exclusively? Or even enjoy good conversation? Just curious on others experiences

Been there myself. Getting back into the dating world was intimidating, as I quickly realized with changed. But, it also was still the same in some ways.

Since my divorce, I dated one gal for about 18 months. And another for a couple. Otherwise, I've only been on a handful of dates in the 5+ years since divorce. I've found that most of the women I've dated I'm not compatible with and came to the conclusion that I'd rather be single and happy than in a relationship and miserable.
    Dating apps are a joke... took me just a few short minutes to conclude that I'd much rather meet someone by a twist of fate!

Agree with you @Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings I had limited luck with dating apps, both free and paid subscription. Some things, I prefer the old fashioned way.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Not in the traditional sense. Trust and commitment all comes into question because most is virtual. How do you know what's real?
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I’m single again. I see a lady I met on a dating site, and she was the exception to all the other broken people I met
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I too have been out of the dating scene for far too long. I have friends who have had success with a dating site after giving up on it. I think it depends on your situation but I prefer the chance meeting. And yes, if I was back on the scene, I would be exclusive.
  • Jenna2315
    Jenna2315 Posts: 614 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Eventually...1st there's talking, then there's hanging out, & EVENTUALLY there's dating I suppose...otherwise they suddenly ask your hand in marriage and you're like wait what?!
  • kenlarsen9152
    kenlarsen9152 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Times have definitely changed , but try to keep an opened mind and heart :)
  • Lucynbailey
    Lucynbailey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was with my husband for about 5 years..been over for 3 years n we have a 3 1/2 year old. I've been single for 3 years. I don't really go out n life revolves around my daughter, work n being on my own! So....i had to take the online dating route... omg how dating has changed!...even just how people talk to eachother now n what is with dick pics! Needless to say I'm not online or off line dating. Try to avoid to that if poss! Eye opener for sure
  • jaxxie
    Options
    I was with my husband for about 5 years..been over for 3 years n we have a 3 1/2 year old. I've been single for 3 years. I don't really go out n life revolves around my daughter, work n being on my own! So....i had to take the online dating route... omg how dating has changed!...even just how people talk to eachother now n what is with dick pics! Needless to say I'm not online or off line dating. Try to avoid to that if poss! Eye opener for sure

I. Totally get that. Hard to tell those that want an irl relationship or online. Even then trust is huge because if it begins online. You really have no gauge on what's real vs what you believe to be real.
  • Lucynbailey
    Lucynbailey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    jaxxie wrote: »

I. Totally get that. Hard to tell those that want an irl relationship or online. Even then trust is huge because if it begins online. You really have no gauge on what's real vs what you believe to be real.

Totally. From my experience they all lie which is sad cos there will be some good ones out there but I'm too put off to look anymore!
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Not for me

It seems like we hang out for a few hours and end up in bed together
  • jaxxie
    Options
    _pi3_ wrote: »
    Not for me

It seems like we hang out for a few hours and end up in bed together

This is bad why? Lol.
  • BeamingBadass
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I definitely am not giving up hope but it's amazing how much I appreciate good conversation so much more!