my husband is finally starting to get it..

Options
Okay, so he isn't on the same journey as me and that's okay.

However, I do ask that he help me when it comes to tracking my food. He knows to keep food wrappers/nutrition labels out so I can track them (or scan them with the nifty barcode scanner on my iphone.)

Also, yesterday when he made meatloaf, I asked him to measure everything that he put in it, and write it down so that I could create a recipe on MFP. And he did, which was great.

Today he made a crockpot mac n cheese and he not only left out all the nutrition labels WITH the barcodes, but he also wrote down everything he put in it.

So nice that he's finally helping me, even if he's not doing this journey himself.

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    "Like!" button needed here.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • Amber824
    Amber824 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! It feels good to have a support system at home, even when they aren't on the same journey.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    What a sweet husband! You see a lot of stories of unsupportive spouses, so this story is great!
  • mailroommary
    Options
    W.O.W. That's wonderful. Can he be cloned? :) It makes a huge difference when you have the support!

I'm thrilled my boyfriend is starting to read labels and go on walks with me.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    well done hubby! now that's a great guy!
  • bosh_chic
    Options
    That is so awsome of your husband. I need to get an iphone. Scanning bar codes sounds like fun.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    LOL My hubby is complaining about starving to death! I have very limited junk food and I'm serving him smaller portions of healthier meals. But he has encouraged me to get a scale, dragged out the exercise bike and "let me" do my own thing.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    aww that's sweet of him! :)
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Also, the other day we were out shopping and it was getting late (6-7ish) I said let's stop and get a bite to eat. I offered a fast food place, and he said no because he wanted to make sure I had healthy choices, so we ended up eating at Panera, where I was able to get my favorite chicken cobb salad.

He's slowly learning. He even looks at nutrition labels for me.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I like a man who can obey orders LOL j/k Glad you have a good support system
  • bethy0316
    Options
    That's really sweet!! ♥
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thats so great! It is so nice to have a supportive spouse and not someone trying to derail you.
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    LOL My hubby is complaining about starving to death! I have very limited junk food and I'm serving him smaller portions of healthier meals. But he has encouraged me to get a scale, dragged out the exercise bike and "let me" do my own thing.

See, I let him get what he wants from the store as long as I can get my healthy stuff. We have 2 kids (6 & 14months) so I don't want to go completely fat-free at the house.

For example, as I am walking on the treadmill tonight, he's eating fritos and queso dip on the couch. I'm not saying anything to him because I wouldn't want him to say anything to me about the choices I make.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Well Done Sir!! :drinker:
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    They CAN be trained!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! How long did it take to train him? I'm still getting, "What about all the crap in the living-room?" in reference to my equipment (exercise ball, soft weights, a mat, and a resistance band) when I asked how he'd feel about me coming home later from work a few days a week in order to use the fitness center there.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! What a good man!