Weight lose

Options
Hi, I am trying to loose weight, does anyone know how long I can restrict calorie to 1200 whilst still loosing, I'm assuming at some point i'll have to increase calories/fat to maintain lose and continue.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you have to eat less than you burn. This is something you do, not try. It means that you have to do it for real, and you have to do it for a long time. If you don't keep eating less than you burn, you won't lose weight.

1200 real calories is a calorie deficit for more than 99% of the adult population. The less you eat, the faster you lose.

1200 calories isn't much food. Most people have no problem eating a lot more. Most people prefer to eat a lot more. It's hard to stick to 1200 calories because it is very little food. When you eat too little, you'll get hungry, and when you're hungry you want to eat. When you've wanted to eat more, for long enough, you eat more, even if you also want to lose weight.

1200 calories is the lowest MFP will allow for a woman, 1500 for males.
    1200/1500 calories is a minimum requirement for good health.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am trying to loose weight, does anyone know how long I can restrict calorie to 1200 whilst still loosing, I'm assuming at some point i'll have to increase calories/fat to maintain lose and continue.

If you're already doing exercise, 1200 calories is way too low. You will lose weight, but your muscles will also be lost and you're *kitten* when your metabolism adapts to those calories which it will at some point. So if I were you, I'd think twice about going that low unless you're a very short sedentary woman.