WHAT DID I DO?

Options
anacsitham5
anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
A bad thing, but a good thing. I don't know if this has happened to alot of people yet, or how you reacted when it happend to you, but no one knows who I am anymore. I started noticing lately that when I go places relatives and friends walk right by me, even when I stop and say HI. They just look at me and walk away with a polite hello if even that. I kept wondering what I did that pissed everyone off so much that they wouldn't even talk to me. This happened all weekend at an event that I went to. Later on people started coming back to say "Sorry, I didn't recognize you."

Last night while at my night job, someone that I haven't seen in about 6 months came over to see me. She looked around the corner of my cubicle, saw me, turned around and walked over to someone else and asked where I was. She came back around the corner, astonished that it was actually me. She said I look 20 years younger and would never have recognized me. I guess that's what losing almost 50 pounds and going down 5 dress sizes will do. Oh yeah!!! Huge NSV moment. My husband hasn't even commented about noticing so I was starting to wonder if the journey was worth it. Definatel;y worth it and didn't take long at all. I'm so glad I didn't give up!!!

I'm almost tempted to buy a blond wig and do some outrageous stuff. No one would blame me!!!

Replies

• mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Have fun with it, you deserve it.
  • 23shine
    23shine Posts: 4
    Options
    I think that is wonderful you've been able to change so much. I just wanted to let you know that if your husband doesn't say anything its because for husbands its a catch either way. My husband knew I was trying to eat better and lose weight, but wouldn't say anything to me. It really frustrated me and I asked him if he cared. He told me it wasn't that he didn't care it was that he loves me no matter how I look and will always think I'm beautiful. He didn't want me to feel that my old self was less important or attractive than my new self because the love was the same. Your husband probably just doesn't know how to react to the significant changes. You don't just undergo weight change. Your personality changes too. I suggest talking to him openly about your feelings and reassure him his thoughts won't hurt your feelings. You need to see how he sees and feels so losing the weight doesn't cause a rift.
  • xBigBellyx
    Options
    Thats sounds like an amazing NSV i cant wait to achieve my first. I have about 50lbs to lose and was wondering how long it has taken you, if you dont mind me asking??
    Also your husband may not have noticed as much as the people you dont see that much as when you see someone everyday you dont tend to notice, thats why alot of people dont see changes in themselves. Im sure he has seen differences though! x
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    How inspiring you are. I noticed in looking at everyone's before and after pics here that the one thing that really stands out to me is that everyone looks so much younger in the after pics. Who knew weight could make us look that old?
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You worked your A** off and you earned it,. Have fun, do crazy stuff and enjoy!!! All those people ignoring you are just plain jealous. There is another reason why husbands and boyfriends doesnt comment , my Bf once told me, the reason i dont comment coz i know if i do it will go straight to your head and you will stop pushing it harder.. LOL but come to think of it...thats true!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV!!! And the same thing happened to me about 11 years ago. In high school, I was fairly over weight. Over the next year and a half, I lost a lot of weight. Me and my best friend went to a city picnic, where they had bands playing at night. So we went at night and a bunch of class mates were there. Haven't seen them in a year and a half, well lets just say that out of 15 people we saw, only one recognized me. I think that was the best night of my life, besides my wedding. And I still ponder that moment, when things are getting rough here. So enjoy the moment, you deserve it.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    That's awesome! I have noticed people treating me differently now and people doing a double take before they stop and talk to me...like they ddn't know it was me. The funniest was the kids' pediatrician who asked me if I meant to lose so much weight or if I had been sick...has to be a doctor thing, lol! It's a nice feeling when people notice all your hard work!! :flowerforyou:
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    A bad thing, but a good thing. I don't know if this has happened to alot of people yet, or how you reacted when it happend to you, but no one knows who I am anymore. I started noticing lately that when I go places relatives and friends walk right by me, even when I stop and say HI. They just look at me and walk away with a polite hello if even that. I kept wondering what I did that pissed everyone off so much that they wouldn't even talk to me. This happened all weekend at an event that I went to. Later on people started coming back to say "Sorry, I didn't recognize you."

Last night while at my night job, someone that I haven't seen in about 6 months came over to see me. She looked around the corner of my cubicle, saw me, turned around and walked over to someone else and asked where I was. She came back around the corner, astonished that it was actually me. She said I look 20 years younger and would never have recognized me. I guess that's what losing almost 50 pounds and going down 5 dress sizes will do. Oh yeah!!! Huge NSV moment. My husband hasn't even commented about noticing so I was starting to wonder if the journey was worth it. Definatel;y worth it and didn't take long at all. I'm so glad I didn't give up!!!

I'm almost tempted to buy a blond wig and do some outrageous stuff. No one would blame me!!!

That is so awesome and I would say have fun with it. Your husband probably hasn't really noticed since he sees you daily. My friends haven't noticed but I showed some of them my before and during picture and they said how its a big difference.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    i had something similar this morning. i have worked at a hospital for 6 years. with the different jobs that i hold there , i know alot of people. i saw someone that i havent seen in years, i was excited to see her , and was just talking to her...the look on her face confused me. she was very polite but reserved. we said goodbye, but as she was walking to the elevator it hit her who i was . her reaction was funny and also made me feel proud of my accomplishments so far.

i say have fun with it, who knows hubby my like that blonde wig..
  • plainpam
    plainpam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is so true. I have lost 80# total and people always comment about how different I look and cant believe it sometimes. It does make you feel good. And dropping those sizes are awesome!!! Have fun and enjoy your life. It sounds like you work alot so I admire all you have done. I worked for 20 years at the same hospital, now whne I see people worked with they are like that. My husband just tells me not to lose anymore weight. I never thought I would be told that so it is sure worth all. You are an inspiration.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations!
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Youve worked hard to get there, enjoy the hell out of it!
  • lucder
    lucder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! Your story really motivated me to continue with my diet
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me this weekend at my friend's wedding. I went with a classmate and my high school teacher spoke to my friend, but she didn't speak and hug me. I was wondering why she acted as if she didn't know me. She called my friend and asked who was the young lady he had with him, and he said It's Kashonna from high school. She had to literally get up and come look me in the face to see if it was me. I felt so proud of myself because everyone commented about how much weight I've lost, and when I tell them that I'm not finish losing weight, they're telling me I look good, but I'm not ready to stop. I think that we should be a little conceited because we've worked pretty hard.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!