Favorite vegetarian recipes?

Options
Hi all!

I’m a new vegetarian and am jumping in with both feet. I was wondering if you guys could share a few, easy recipes to help me get started?

Thanks!

Replies

• PottersPotions
    PottersPotions Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Here’s one my favorite recipes and it’s super easy to make.

2-3 diced red potatoes
    1/4 cup diced mushrooms
    1/4 cup diced red onion
    1/2 red pepper, chopped
    1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
    1 cup spinach, steamed

Boil potatoes until just soft, drain, then cook in a skillet with a bit of oil for about five minutes. In a separate skillet add all veggies, except spinach, and cook until onions are translucent. Steam spinach in a microwave safe dish with a little bit of water for about 30 seconds on high.

Plate potatoes, then veggie mixture, placing spinach on top. Enjoy!
  • karly2612
    karly2612 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A few easy recipes I love are

Taco burgers
    400g kidney beans
    Taco spice mix
    300g firm tofu
    1 cup crushed tortilla chips
    4tbsp plain flour
    Salt and pepper

Blend together beans, taco spice and salt and pepper. (I find it best to use a hand held mixer)
    Mash tofu with a fork, mix with bean mixture.
    Add half crushed tortilla chips to mixture with flour.
    Divide into 4-6 burgers, press together firmly so they hold their shape and turn to coat in the left over corn chips. Fry burgers for a few minutes on each side.

About 200 calories per burger (I'm in Australia so your ingredients might be different)

Almond balls
    200g almonds
    100g butter beans
    2 eggs
    2 garlic cloves
    1 small onion
    Salt and pepper
    A tbsp pesto
    40g cheese
    3 tbsp breadcrumbs (maybe more)

Blend almonds, beans, eggs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper, pesto and cheese.
    Stir in breadcrumbs and leave to swell for 2 minutes it should be firm enough to roll into balls
    Roll into 45 balls
    Cook in boiling water for 2 minutes untill they rise. (Can skip this step but will be a bit gooier on inside)
    Fry in med/hot pan

I'm pretty sure they are around 45/50 calories a ball

• krishakjain
    krishakjain Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For healthy snacking - a cup of Greek yogurt, add 2tbsp of water to thin it out slightly, some salt, dash of chili powder / chili flakes, half a tomato (finely chopped, pour out excess water), half a cucumber (finely chopped).