Week 2 of August Challenge **Warriors** (Closed Group)

Options
Read em' and kick *kitten* ladies. It may sound hard but I have faith in you guys!!! Here it is, let me know if you have any questions.

CHALLENGE : Unleashing AUGUST WEEK 2 the Beast Within!

This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
captain for ideas.

Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge

Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
the team!

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u
don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup
or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to
volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be
rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their
favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite
you must find another recipe to submit.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
as you are much stronger than you believe.
Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

Replies

• RunThisWeigh
    RunThisWeigh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Few questions about the 100 mile walk...do we all volunteer for how many extra miles we want to contribute? If so- I want to sign up for 15!

Is this the forum that we submit the recipe too? I'll get that done next week!
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    Few questions about the 100 mile walk...do we all volunteer for how many extra miles we want to contribute? If so- I want to sign up for 15!

I'll check with him on where he wants you post the recipes. I figured if every member wanted to volunteer for 5 miles then we would be at 100. However we can also keep a running tally and just subtract that from the 100, so if you want to do 15 miles (in addition to whatever you do) then that is fine too. :-) You rock by the way 15 miles is a lot. :-)
  • amanda_100283
    Options

I'll check with him on where he wants you post the recipes. I figured if every member wanted to volunteer for 5 miles then we would be at 100. However we can also keep a running tally and just subtract that from the 100, so if you want to do 15 miles (in addition to whatever you do) then that is fine too. :-) You rock by the way 15 miles is a lot. :-)

We can start a "Recipe" Forum and you guys can post them there. :-) That will be the easiest way.
  • bcrugbygirl
    bcrugbygirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    what does it convert to for km's lol ... im so bad at math and trying to convert miles to kms so this week we are to walk/run/jog 100 miles between us all if we evenly break it up what does that work out to be?
  • McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A mile is 1.6 Km. So 5 miles is 8 km. I used an online converter. I think the running tally would be a good way to keep track. Just everyone challenge themselves to do more than they usually have done. I'm not a regular excersizer, I have a 3 mile walk that I do once or twice a month, so I'll step it up and do it 2 or three time this week.
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    I have 2 people who have offered to do 15 miles each so between the rest of us that leaves 70 miles left.

:-)
  • kysue1029
    kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Is it extra miles on top of what I already do? If so, add 5 for me, if not I can do 15.
  • kysue1029
    kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Is it extra miles on top of what I already do? If so, add 5 for me, if not I can do 15.
  • Christina269
    Options
    Hey guys!! i'm definitely going to make sure I get everything in this week - but outside my 5 extra miles - it's going to be rough. We have a family member in hospice and I'm trying my best to not only take care of my hubs, but his family as well while we go through this time. Please don't think I'm flaking out on you guys if I'm only pulling the bare minimum for the next week or so!!! Only so many hours in a day to get everything in... I'm going to get my challenge things done on conference calls while working and get my walking down on lunch and after I get dinners prepared and delivered get my real work out in. I have a plan - just hope I can stick to it!!!
  • amanda_100283
    Options

It is in addition to the miles you normally do. So I'll put you down for 5. Thanks!!!
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    I jogged an extra 1.5 miles today!
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    I jogged an extra 1.5 miles today!

Thanks!! That's great I will put it towards our 100 mile goal