IS AGE 70+ TOO LATE TO START?

Options

Hello, my name is Kathleen. I'm 75 years old and embarking on the next chapter of my life. I plan to travel, dance, explore new horizons, meet new friends, and thoroughly enjoy the ride. I want all the positive energy and encouragement I can get while I'm gettin' in shape.
If anybody wants to join me, I'm starting the Keto diet with a goal of permanently "releasing" 35 lbs. over the next 5 months. Let me hear from you.
We're all in this together. Go Team!!!!

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My father lost about 80 pounds when he was 75 years old. It's never too late to do the right thing.
  • kimarra
    kimarra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m 67 and preparing to start within the next week or so.
  • 5838fish623
    5838fish623 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of people over 70 working on a lifestyle change. Join the crowd.
  • josiewelle
    josiewelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is josie and I am 70 yrs old and trying to get into shape to help with my copd. I am new to MFP and doing the calorie count way of losing. I was doing low carb and lately have not been very successful with it as I tend to get off track when making meals for my spouse who is not on low carb. I keep thinking tomorrow I will do better. (He lost 70+ lbs just cutting his portions down alot) Anyway, here's to getting healthy. Thank you.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Options
    josiewelle wrote: »
    Hi,
    My name is josie and I am 70 yrs old and trying to get into shape to help with my copd. I am new to MFP and doing the calorie count way of losing. I was doing low carb and lately have not been very successful with it as I tend to get off track when making meals for my spouse who is not on low carb. I keep thinking tomorrow I will do better. (He lost 70+ lbs just cutting his portions down alot) Anyway, here's to getting healthy. Thank you.

Yes! Cutting portions down! Way to go!

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kathleen. I'm 75 years old and embarking on the next chapter of my life. I plan to travel, dance, explore new horizons, meet new friends, and thoroughly enjoy the ride. I want all the positive energy and encouragement I can get while I'm gettin' in shape.
    If anybody wants to join me, I'm starting the Keto diet with a goal of permanently "releasing" 35 lbs. over the next 5 months. Let me hear from you.
    We're all in this together. Go Team!!!!

Hi and welcome Kathleen!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    Options
    It is never too late to improve your life! You never know what's around the bend and it could be something pretty incredible!

I'm almost 60 and my mom will be 80 this year. We chat on the phone every morning for a few minutes. Our favorite topic of conversation is our exercise plan and what healthy meals we're preparing for the day. Fun times!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    After being overweight since my forties I started my FINAL Weight Loss Journey five years ago at age 65 and 376#

I just turned 70 yo and now weigh 187! I have changed my Lifestyle and have learned a lot about eating healthy and exercise.

I have met other seniors at the aqua aerobics classes in their 60, 70, 80 and one Instructor is 93 yo! They show me that keeping active is something I will always strive to do after years of sitting at a desk.

I have lost weight over the last five year period following the WW Plan. (60, 32, 16, 37 and 43) I’m three pounds away from my Goal Weight (GW) 184#

Go Team!
  • helenmj45
    helenmj45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Helen: I’m 72 and so happy to see other seniors with interest in health and fitness: I walk 3-4 miles 6 days a week but I don’t have the same discipline when it comes to food, I snack too much. I need encouragement to to stay within my calorie range and to track my food.
  • janfromct
    janfromct Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    josiewelle wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi, I'm Jan and 70 as well (at least for the next few days). I've just been trying this for a few days now and I have high hopes, not just to lose weight but also to breathe easier.
  • smhazen2018
    smhazen2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to start :)