Over 50 with 100 to lose!

Options
Hello everyone, I am in need of losing over 100 pounds seeing that I am at the heaviest I have ever been. I am struggling with calories verses carbs counting. I have been watching both and cut my addiction out this week. My love for sweet tea is sinful and I am missing it so much. I have already lost over 9 pounds since Wed. and its just Sunday so I would say I am off to a good start. The older I get the harder it gets. Could use a buddy to talk with and share my ups and downs with as well as listen to others. HMU if you would like a friend to encourage you.

Replies

• lsutton6
    lsutton6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! That's great progress! My name is Linda, and I've just started using myfitnesspal this week. I had been on nutrisystem, and had lost about 25 lbs, but then I quit losing, and then actually gained some back. I was feeling pretty depressed about it. I'm almost 70, and I need to lose 100 pounds as well. I sent to see a weight management doctor last week and he gave me some good information, as well as letting me know what I've been doing wrong. I am 5' 6 " and weigh 258. What they recommended is more protein than carbs. So I'm keeping my calories for the day between 1000 and 1200. The ratio of carbs-proteins-fats is 30%-35%-35%. So that's roughly 90g-105g-105g per day. I just started it Friday, so I haven't weighed yet. But I do feel not so stuffed up by reducing my carbs. I can't go on one of those that cuts out all carbs. I know myself, and I won't stay on it.

Do you like Sweet-n-Low, or something like that? I'm a big tea drinker, but I use Sweet n low, and actually like it better than sugar. It's definitely something you have to get used to.

I would love to hear from you, and share ideas as well as comiserate with you.