confused!

Options
ok so I do cardio 3 days a week and do toning and strength training 3 days a week, and rest one day. i follow a every other day routine. however, on the days i do cardio i usually have to eat back the calories i burned, but what about the days i tone?

i mean every other day there is a difference of about 500-800 cal difference. and since there is no cal tracker for strengh training i dont know what i burn and if i do.

What do i do about eating? do i keep doing what im doing or should i be eating an extra 500 to 800 cals on training days?

im confused. :(

Replies

• carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Look in the listing for Cardio Exercises. You should find Strength Training listed with the cardio exercises. It's not terribly accurate, but it will give you a rough idea of calories burned.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    as a general rule - just eat them back when you log them into your diary.

that said, you will burn a few when you strength train but not that many (I guess it depends on what you do though!)

do you wear a HRM? if so then wear it during strength training. If not save up and get one!

I know for me when I rest i burn about 1 calorie a minute when i do cardio, I burn 8-10 per minute and when I strength train I burn about 2 per minute.....so you can see, you don't actually raise the heart rate up a bunch when you strength train.

Best of Luck!