Replies

• huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I hope I never have to find out.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I left my ex-husband in 2011, and have not had a date since. Don't feel bad for me though. I like it this way. :) It was hard at first, and I did feel lonely, but I think it was mostly not having the person there to share in the big moments of parenting. Once I got comfortable in my own skin in my life (maybe took me 2 years), I am quite content to remain single for now. My life is full, and I am not lonely. I also don't let being a single mama stop my kids and I from doing anything. When my kids are almost grown, I think I will be open to having someone in my life, but I can't see internet dating in my future. It all seems creepy and strange to me. If anyone ever tries to send me a gross picture, I don't know if I'll die laughing or what. I just don't understand all of that. For now, I just don't feel there is any room in my life to meet another person's needs. When my kids are asleep and the house is quiet, I feel such so calm and content. When it's just me and my kids on a road trip to Lake Tahoe or getting ready to fly to Jamaica later this month, I am content and happy. I am happy on a Friday night coming home with my kids after work to watch a Disney movie and eat popcorn and to get up on a Saturday morning to go to soccer. Dating doesn't exist for people like me. And I wish people would understand that it's not a sad thing at all. :wink:
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I've read that the PM system on here is not working at this current time. Hang tight, OP... things will pick up.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I left my ex-husband in 2011, and have not had a date since. Don't feel bad for me though. I like it this way. :) It was hard at first, and I did feel lonely, but I think it was mostly not having the person there to share in the big moments of parenting. Once I got comfortable in my own skin in my life (maybe took me 2 years), I am quite content to remain single for now. My life is full, and I am not lonely. I also don't let being a single mama stop my kids and I from doing anything. When my kids are almost grown, I think I will be open to having someone in my life, but I can't see internet dating in my future. It all seems creepy and strange to me. If anyone ever tries to send me a gross picture, I don't know if I'll die laughing or what. I just don't understand all of that. For now, I just don't feel there is any room in my life to meet another person's needs. When my kids are asleep and the house is quiet, I feel such so calm and content. When it's just me and my kids on a road trip to Lake Tahoe or getting ready to fly to Jamaica later this month, I am content and happy. I am happy on a Friday night coming home with my kids after work to watch a Disney movie and eat popcorn and to get up on a Saturday morning to go to soccer. Dating doesn't exist for people like me. And I wish people would understand that it's not a sad thing at all. :wink:

I'm glad to hear you are comfortable in your life now. It took me quite a while to settle into my new reality as well, especially when it came to handling all the responsibility and holding it all down for myself and my son. I was in a pretty bad mind space for a long time but now I sleep like a star fish in my king size bed and until the day someone comes and sweeps me off my feet I'm totally cool with being a solo act :)

My son is in university and I just moved back to Canada from Atlanta. It was a nightmare for months and a big change. I'm slowly getting back to myself, regaining and reclaiming my life.
    Good for you to finding your own strengths and happiness. Kudos.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    jaxxie wrote: »

I'm glad to hear you are comfortable in your life now. It took me quite a while to settle into my new reality as well, especially when it came to handling all the responsibility and holding it all down for myself and my son. I was in a pretty bad mind space for a long time but now I sleep like a star fish in my king size bed and until the day someone comes and sweeps me off my feet I'm totally cool with being a solo act :)

My son is in university and I just moved back to Canada from Atlanta. It was a nightmare for months and a big change. I'm slowly getting back to myself, regaining and reclaiming my life.
    Good for you to finding your own strengths and happiness. Kudos.

That must have been a terribly difficult adjustment for you. It's a process to disentangle from someone you made a life with... It's been a soul crushing experience but I'm so much better for it now, although no one could have convinced me at the time that I'd stand where I am today. Im glad to hear you're getting back to yourself and reclaiming your life. All the very best from a fellow Canuck :)
  • littlebrittlifts
    littlebrittlifts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    jaxxie wrote: »
    Not in the traditional sense. Trust and commitment all comes into question because most is virtual. How do you know what's real?

You don’t!
  • littlebrittlifts
    littlebrittlifts Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Yes, Dee. THIS.
  • MatthewG1973
    MatthewG1973 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi... dating is tough. But I vote you lead with your best!! After all your smile always makes my day ;)
  • Tara_1216
    Tara_1216 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I’ve been single for about a year, after being with my husband for 18. The thought of dating again scares me to death.