Beginning of my Journey...

Options
Just started MFP yesterday. My long -term goal is to lose 200lbs. I know this is a long journey but I have my wife to help me and we are goin g to take it 1 day at a time.

Any tips and/or tips are welcome for successful weightloss as are words of encouragement.

Replies

• ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    Welcome!!! Glad to have you on board! I still have a little over 80 lbs to lose myself, so I plan on being here for a long while. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like a little extra motivation. I could use some extra assistance myself!:bigsmile:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Hey! At least you started! I like your philosphy because journey is the right way to think....on a journey you have good bad great and ugly days. Key is how do we deal with them!!!! I started 5 years ago and I am still on the journey. Health is a long term process and not just about losing weight but the total package. How I view it now. Welcome my brother
  • jab2jad76
    Options
    good luck! you can do this!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This really is a journey, and you are on the right path!! Good luck to you, and feel free to add me if you like :happy:
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you break it down to small short term goals, it will seem more attainable
  • trishc39076
    Options
    Welcome! I have also just started on MFP. You can friend me, if you would like.
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me if you'd like! I have been on MFP for almost 3 weeks and I have lost 10.6 pounds so far! This is a great community to get encouragement and support. Best of luck on your jouney!:drinker:
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I have about 130 lbs. to lose, but I just want to be healthy and feel better, I joined 6 wks. ago and it is the best thing that has every happen as far as weight lost goes, you will find all the encouragement, inspiration and friends you need, love the food diary, could not be easier, I looked at your food diary and only thing I noticed right off is the sodium, you will need to watch that, it will cause water retention, and many other bad side effects,

You are on the right track and keep up the good work, you may add me as a friend if you wish,

If that is your son in the picture, he is beautiful, you already have all the inspiration you need.

Your Friend & Pal in this new Journey to Weight Loss and Good Health, Pearl:flowerforyou:
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can definitely do this! And you're in the right place to find the tools to track your food & exercise, and -- most important -- to have a circle of friends who support you, and who will look to YOU for support, as well. MFP is a great place!

Feel free to add me!
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family! To lose the weight you want to lose, you are in the right place. I've been on now for about 3 weeks and have lost 12 lbs. I plan on losing 90 so I will be around awhile too.

Break your goals down in to small, obtainable goals. It will help you stay motivated and recognize your success that much more.

Feel free to add me if you would like. The more diet buddies the merrier. :flowerforyou:
  • whook1981
    whook1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. That is my son in my picture, he is my pride & joy and my motivation to keep on this journey. I have decided to make small, monthly goals, and that might make it easier for me. I know there are hurdles to cross but we can do it.
  • sueozzy
    sueozzy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are off to a great start, your son is defiantly a great motivation for you.

Stick with it you can do it!
  • Ssladick
    Ssladick Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!! This place is great for motivation. Friend me if you'd like
  • BLStapf
    BLStapf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new too! My husband I are doing it together. I think it helps if you are both eating the same things! U can do it! 1 pound at a time. Good Luck!