hotel breakfast

Options
what are some good choices from a continental breakfast?

Replies

• tcheryl
    tcheryl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    fruit is always a good choice. check for hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, some of the cereal and maybe toast.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Yogurts
    Fruit
    Cereals
    Wholegrain Toast
    White spread cheese

Stay away from:

Cooked foods, pastries, cakes, juices, muffins.
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My usual hotel breakfast is a cup of mixed melon cubes, 3oz cottage cheese with 4g (about 1tsp) dried cranberries, 1 poached egg, 1/2 piece of wheat toast, a cup of soy milk (usually silk brand) and coffee = 348 cal
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    In my experience with hotels, most offer some healthier options, but people tend to hog them up, so make sure to get there early! My last hotel stay was in May, and I got to breakfast around 8:30am, and ONE guy...that's right, just ONE GUY took the ENTIRE TRAY OF FRUIT to his table...I'm talking an entire bunch of bananas, and multiple oranges, apples, grapes, etc. :mad:

Other than fruit, I've noticed that most of them offer a variety of breads, so try for the whole grain bagels and breads and such. The cereals seem to be very limited, but they usually offer a "healthier" plain variety, and most usually have 2% or nonfat milk, I've noticed.
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ehhhhh... i wouldn't eat anything except maybe the cereal. I used to work at a couple hotels and while they were generally midclass, the breakfasts were gross. Those jobs ruined everything about lodging for me. Sorry. I just wouldn't trust that anything is as clean as it looks.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    In my experience with hotels, most offer some healthier options, but people tend to hog them up, so make sure to get there early! My last hotel stay was in May, and I got to breakfast around 8:30am, and ONE guy...that's right, just ONE GUY took the ENTIRE TRAY OF FRUIT to his table...I'm talking an entire bunch of bananas, and multiple oranges, apples, grapes, etc. :mad:

What a D bag!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

What a D bag!

Yep! To his credit, he did eat about half of the tray, though, in the few minutes I spent there getting some milk and toast, haha.
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    They usually have oatmeal which is healthy, but I would definitely make a waffle. Those things are awesome.
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options
    Even just some low fat milk and cheerios or corn flakes would make a good breakfast!