Help

Options
i need help, I'm wondering if this is a sign to back off of exercise. I have struggled with eating disorders for 20 years, and was diagnosed with HA about five years ago. My blood work results showed significant muscle deterioration.in an attempt to heal my Hypothalamic Amenorrhea a little over a year ago i stopped working out and gained 25 pounds, all of my bloods came back better and i felt great. I went back to the gym back in july and i was lifting heavier and had a lot of strength and energy. Now I'm decreasing my weight and get really fatigued and sore easily, I've lost close to 20 pounds, I'm afraid I'm burning muscle again.

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Your Dr. Would know best.
  • zaza8962
    zaza8962 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Not to point out the obvious or cause drama. But if you don’t have any valuable insite why comment? If I had a knowledgeable doctor I would surly ask them. Considering there are possibly dietitians and others on this perhaps one of them would be able to help me.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    zaza8962 wrote: »
    i need help, I'm wondering if this is a sign to back off of exercise. I have struggled with eating disorders for 20 years, and was diagnosed with HA about five years ago. My blood work results showed significant muscle deterioration.in an attempt to heal my Hypothalamic Amenorrhea a little over a year ago i stopped working out and gained 25 pounds, all of my bloods came back better and i felt great. I went back to the gym back in july and i was lifting heavier and had a lot of strength and energy. Now I'm decreasing my weight and get really fatigued and sore easily, I've lost close to 20 pounds, I'm afraid I'm burning muscle again.

I have hypothalamic amenorrhea as well. How long did it take you to recover completely if you don't mind me asking?
    Are you fully recovered? When you lost that 20lbs, have you remained to keep your cycle? Have you been tracking on here? If you're getting fatigued easily, it could be a lack of calories, protein or carbs. Are you taking measurements or progress pictures? Does it look like you're losing muscle?