Favorite add in to cottage cheese ?

Options

Replies

• lnrussell95
    lnrussell95 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like spinach and shredded carrots. Make a little spinach boat with cottage cheese and shredded carrot in top.
  • Sarah11092018
    Sarah11092018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add sugar free Jello and fruit
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    mango and cottage cheese is my fav combo!
  • kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hot banana peppers
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I love wheat puffs or another cereal like corn flakes with the cottage cheese! So good!

When I’m feeling like something super comforting, I’ll eat cottage cheese on top of buttered French bread. So good! Brings back the feels from childhood!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    A good salsa.
    Sounds weird but so good. Dip a celery stick occasionally too

It sounds like it would taste similar to salsa and sour cream on crudité, which is how I eat salsa and crudité. I'll have to try the cottage cheese for the protein.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Add sugar free Jello and fruit

My mom used to do this. If she used green jello it counted (in her mind) as a vegetable . . . ah, the 70s!!

• CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,845 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I like peaches or pineapple chunks. I also like to put cottage cheese on a plain baked potato.
  • HelloNewMeof5
    HelloNewMeof5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love it on top of my salad sometimes instead of a dressing
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    With strawberries for a sweet dessert, nuts & honey or with no-sugar-added marmalade. You can mix with basil, salt and pepper and stuff it inside tomatoes (opened at the top), then broil them in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes I'll also prepare ham rolls with cottage cheese inside (when I'm feeling lazy), but you can add red peppers or herbs too..
  • steve1748
    steve1748 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grated raw carrot, sliced tomato, avocado & a dash of chipotle, white pepper and tuna.
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Spicy kimchi on top of cottage cheese
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    EinTX wrote: »
    This must be strange because I haven't seen anyone list it but it is really good with cranberry sauce over it. I make homemade sauce and add it to the cottage cheese the same as you would any fruit. That is really good. I don't remember why I started doing this but I now freeze cranberries when they are in season so I have some on hand when I want them.

I was going to put this on today about homemade cranberry sauce with my cottage cheese. I've been doing this for years!!
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I have been doing this for about a month now and I am addicted. One large container of lowfat cottage cheese, one can of diced tomatoes, one jar of dill pickle relish. I added a pack of dry ranch this week and it was YUMM. I usually just add some garlic salt and some dry dill.
  • gabrielle2019
    gabrielle2019 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Pistachios!!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Fresh peaches, or tomato and cucumber with a little pepper, or a can of tuna. I like it both sweet and savory.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I also really like to add a little cottage cheese to my scrambled eggs as they're cooking. About 1/4 cup per 2 eggs. It makes them creamy and gooey! So good.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Pistachios!!
    I like your style! I will try that soon!

Lots of good ideas on this page. Now I'll have to go back and read all the posts.

Pork rinds and Tabasco or salsa for me.
  • kschildroth
    kschildroth Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm on a cottage cheese with mango or pineapple kick. It's almost daily for me right now.