insanity by beachbody

Hi, I am new to my fitness pal but I am also following the insanity fitness program by beachbody, I was wondering if anyone new how many calories you burn on average in one session. thanks

Replies

• beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    You really need a HRM to answer that question. It is going to be different for ev1.
  • robersonj
    robersonj Posts: 28 Member
    The best thing to do is get a heart rate monitor. It just depends on how hard you push yourself... Some people can burn a TON of calories with that program, and others can burn quite a bit less if they are starting out...

I'm not sure which brand of heart rate monitor is the best... but I'm sure you could search Amazon. Some of them are really nice and have the chest strap, too... get one of those if you can, that way it's more accurate.
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    HA! That was my big question too since MFP doesn't have those types of workouts in here. So I ordered a bodybugg to find out! I have been doing Insanity for a long time and I never knew how much, but I'm willing to bet it's a lot. When I figure it out, I will let you know. It probably varies based on your size and level of intensity but a rough estimate is good knowledge.
    Amy
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    As others have said, the best way to gauge that is a HRM. I just started yesterday and I, personally, burned almost 300 on the fitness test, and I did the cardio plyo's today and burned 482.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    For me under Cardio the circuit training is pretty close. I was using that to log before I got my HRM. They numbers are very close.
  • klamont9
    klamont9 Posts: 59
    I'm starting my last 2 weeks of Insanity on Thursday. I think you'll be glad you're doing it, but I also had the issue of figuring out my calorie burn. So I bought and HRM and couldnt be happier.

From a lot of research in the $100 price range, I broke it down to 3 HRMs: a Timex Ironman Road Trainer, Polar FT7, or a Garmin. Don't get a cheap one at WalMart. Also look for one that comes with a chest strap. Best Buy has 30+ options to chose from, but they weren't much help. I researched online and bought a $109 Timex Road Trainer unit for $79 at Best Buy during their 4th of July sale. So if you can wait until Labor Day, you may find some great deals.