Mumma exercise tips

Options
So after having 3 children I have lots of excess on my stomach, any exercises you can recommend to help get rid of it and tighten the skin???

Replies

• Xxjayxxxxx
    Xxjayxxxxx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would imagine swimming would help and it's something you can do on your own but also take children as well.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    no exercises will get rid of loose skin
  • bradandjenny7
    bradandjenny7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It isn’t just loose skin, it’s just excess I dunno what. After I had my first 2 kids I went back to a six pack within 6 months but then another 7 yrs later I have a baby last yr and can’t seem to get rid of it as easily. Was younger and fitter then just trying to find specific exercises to help work on your stomach and core...
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If it's loose skin there really isn't anything that can be done besides surgery. It will either bounce back or it won't. After repeated pregnancies, collagen fiber in the skin gets broken down and once it's gone, then nothing can restore that at a molecular level. A calorie deficit will help reduce fat and improve the overall appearance once you lose enough body fat, but you can't spot reduce. If you have diastasis recti, you can talk to your doctor about physical therapy and exercises for it but severe cases require surgery.
  • bradandjenny7
    bradandjenny7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It isn’t really stretched skin as it’s not just skin, etc excess weight in the stomach area. All I’m after is recommended exercises to work on reducing stomach fat. Thank you
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Swimming doesn't reduce fat. Anyway, it's mostly what you eat.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    It isn’t really stretched skin as it’s not just skin, etc excess weight in the stomach area. All I’m after is recommended exercises to work on reducing stomach fat. Thank you

Sadly, there are no exercise that specifically target stomach fat (or fat anywhere else - that's just not how fat works). Happily, though, all exercise can reduce fat eventually, as long as you are also eating fewer calories than you're burning. And of course, building up your muscles will make your stomach look nicer once the fat is out of the way. Good luck!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    So after having 3 children I have lots of excess on my stomach, any exercises you can recommend to help get rid of it and tighten the skin???

Eat at a deficit, using MFP as intended. Get a kitchen scale and weight your food and exercise to improve fitness. Enter your weight, age and height in this website or app and go for 0.5 or 1 lb loss a week. MFP will tell you how much you should eat.

If you can't join a gym or the YMCA check on line or YouTube for fitness videos, or go to your local library and get some fitness DVDs. Jillian Michaels has good exercises videos.

You can do it!
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Your first post said you needed to tighten skin? In any case, eating fewer calories than you burn will reduce body fat, and if you lose enough body fat, eventually it will come off your stomach. You can't specifically target stomach fat unless you have liposuction. Unfortunately, there aren't any exercises that will specifically target belly fat and reduce it. It all comes down to consuming fewer calories. The advice of the posters above on how to set up your MFP account is what I recommend.
  • suryoyo85
    suryoyo85 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've had three kids and lost 70lbs
    And I do lots of core building exercises ....
    And trust me when I say this , nothing will tighten Lose skin except a comestic surgeon
    And me too after the third I got the most damage

But it's ok ! We earned it !