Sports Bras! Ladies I need help!!

Options
Misskcm
Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
Alright ladies!! I need help. I am tired of searching for affordable sports bras that will hold the girls up and in place.
So I have size 38DDD breasts. Right now I have to wear a normal bra, a sports bra, a tight tank top, and then my T-shirt to keep them from flopping around too much when I run.
Unfortunately I am starting to have pain in my back EVERY TIME I RUN because of this.
I want to know if there is a magical sports bra out there that won’t cost me an arm and a leg that will hold the girls in place!!

Replies

• tracylp6178
    tracylp6178 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Victoria secret knockout collection is really good. I get mine when they are on sale $25/30 but so north it.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by "affordable" but to me if it is working then I'll pay whatever. Fortunately, Champion makes some super high impact (underwire and non-underwire) bras that are $50 each and are the best things in the world.
    I have 36DD and I'll NEVER wear anything else. I am a runner too and used to have to wear two bras b/c they weren't doing the job. After finding the Champion bras I'll never go back. You can get them at Academy sports and online...only places I've found them.
  • Froggyh
    Froggyh Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I swear by my Shock Absorber bras. They're about £30 each, so not cheap, but about average for my bras. I have to go up a band size and down a cup size in them (usually I wear 30FF, but my sports bras are 32F), but that might be because my rib cage is bang on 30"; if yours is 37" or 36.5" you might be more comfortable wearing your usual bra size.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Shock Absorber Run Bra (found on Amazon). Be sure to look closely at the size chart and reviews as I had to order up a size in the band.
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies looks like I’ll be ordering one Shock Absorber and I may pick up a Champion and try them both out!
    I’ve tried Knockout by Victoria secret bras and they are good for lounging around but they fit me oddly when it comes to workouts.
    Thanks for all the comments!!
  • LoriAnne0621
    LoriAnne0621 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have no advice but want to follow this thread as I have the same issue.
  • soniabernard
    soniabernard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just tried Hyba and they are wonderful. Holds everything in place plus, no uniboob! I find some sports bras gave me that problem.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Anita Active Maximum Support Bras are awesome and hold up a long time. I have had one of mine for 4 years. You can sometimes get the out of season colors cheaper on her room website
  • joyoakey
    joyoakey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32 G. Oprah recommended ENELL bra and I love it. It is the kind that pushes the breasts flatter against your body for zero bounce. I love it for competition on the track. You measure your rib cage and bust to determine size. Mine is a # 1. It's not cheap, but it lasts for years. It has hooks and eyes in the front.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner, I wore Panache underwire sports bras when I was a 40DDD, and I still wear them at 32D. You can occasionally find deals on them on Amazon. Don't skimp on a sports bra. You can buy a cheap one that will wear out quickly and doesn't provide enough support, or you can buy a good one that does what it's meant to do.
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I just replaced all my sports bras...these were expensive BUT worth it. I'm a D cup but with Vicky's vanity sizing a Double D. Try the Angel Max Sports Bra. A lot of support and very cute!
  • amarneu
    amarneu Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was a 38h before my reduction - the shock absorber is a must have!
  • meleileen
    meleileen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in because 1) I also need a good sports bra and 2) lower back pain from running comes can also come from your back having to pick up the lack of strength and flexibility in other muscles that are required to hold us upright.....hips, core, legs etc. I was an avid runner a few years ago and had lower back pain too, so did a little research. Best of luck!
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Enell Sports bras. Hands down the best. I am a 42G and I wear a #5. They are $66. I can do Zumba, and they are fully supported. No need for extra bras or support. i think you would be a size 3, but check the sizing.