I'm new to myfitnesspal - Hello!

Options
onwardsdownwards
onwardsdownwards Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm Hazel from South Wales. I am new to myfitnesspal, but not new to dieting - I've lost 38 pounds so far since October but there's a long way to go! I'm looking forward to getting to know some new people :smile:

31244680.png

onwardsdownwards.co.uk

Replies

• PennyUB13
    PennyUB13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, Hazel, I am Penny. I am in Florida. I have been on MyFitnessPal for a while, however, I just started a new way of eating and it has helped me drop some real weight for once. It's nice to be able to connect to other people who are on a path to losing weight. :)
  • ShadowBamboo
    ShadowBamboo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello from south Florida ☺. It is way too cold but I have to get to the gym.
  • onwardsdownwards
    onwardsdownwards Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Penny and ShadowBamboo, it's good to hear from you both!
    It's been freezing here in the UK, we had 10 inches of snow in my city last week :(

I've lost 38 pounds since October using a different diet plan, but it got too expensive.
    I thought I'd head over here to myfitnesspal and try this out instead.
    I'm simply calorie counting and exercising more - still a long way to go though!

Thanks for getting in touch, I am looking forward to my new start (once I've found my way round the website!)

• freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hello from Oklahoma my name is Karla. I am new to MyFitnessPal I've been on the program less than a week but this is the first day of actually getting on the site didn't realize exactly what was going on here being a community and I figured I'd do better with friends and support and motivation then try to do it all by myself.
  • JessieCanDoThis
    JessieCanDoThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello Hazel! I’m Jessie from NYC! This is the first time I’m using this app and I can tell you for me it’s working! I have always struggled with overeating. Now that I log I see where I go wrong. I’ve lost a little weight since just starting 3 weeks ago. I’ve got a long journey ahead too! Like Penny said too I’ve changed my eating and saw a drastic change. Congrats to your weight loss! Few free to add me if you wish!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @onwardsdownwards Hazel, when you put the "@" in front of the username they get a notification that they've been summoned.

Hi.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm just trying this out too - I am 39, female and really quite sedentary/mildly active. I have another approx 9 kg to go - but only lost 3 so far. Add me if you like!