ugh

Options
My weigh in date is not until Monday. But, I couldn't help but step on the scale this morning. IT SAID I GAINED TWO POUNDS!!!!!!! how can this be!? I've counted calories, worked out, and drank tons of water!! How could I have gained TWO POUNDS!!!??? omg I'm so upset right now. I don't know what to do
:sad:

Replies

• plussizemommy
    Options
    My weigh in date is not until Monday. But, I couldn't help but step on the scale this morning. IT SAID I GAINED TWO POUNDS!!!!!!! how can this be!? I've counted calories, worked out, and drank tons of water!! How could I have gained TWO POUNDS!!!??? omg I'm so upset right now. I don't know what to do
    :sad:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale the other night and it said I'd gained 7 lbs from a morning a week before. Yeah, stupid scale. When I checked it the next morning the 7 lbs was gone. Sooo...Ignore the scale...only weigh in once a week at most if you can help it. Always make it the same time of day. I'm trying to do weigh ins just once a month if I can so I don't see the small ups and downs all the time. Water retention and the density of food you've consumed can play a huge part in that, too. Pay attention to your clothes and how they fit. Mine are definitely getting looser in the legs and booty (but not the tummy so much...dang!). Note which pants fit tightly right now and try them on every week or every month. That's a great gauge and you can reward yourself with "new" pants once they fit right! Also rely on measurements instead. They're more accurate and much more forgiving than a scale. Stupid scale.
  • MrsDreamer1974
    MrsDreamer1974 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am terrified to weigh more then once a month. My weight loss partners weigh once a week and I see how upset they get when they have not lost more then a pound or gained. In my first month I lost 20 lbs. and those are the numbers I like, so I just stay away from the scale untill the 1st of every month. I have heard that when you work out you gain muscle and that weighs more then fat so maybe your gaining muscle, but im not 100% sure on that.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I've gained too for absolutely no reason. I've been told I just need to hang in there and keep doing what I'm doing. We can do this!
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    I feel you! I have been sticking to 1200 calories per day, working out for at least 40 minutes to 1.5 hours every day, and drinking all 8 glasses of water ever day and I lost 1 pound the first week and GAINED 6 pounds the 2nd week! I hate this!!!!:sad:
  • jamiesbeach
    Options
    1. water retention
    2. lean body mass increase
    3. that time of the month
    4. weighing with a full bladder
    5. weighing in with full lower intestines
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    I have the same problem too.... I started here over a month ago doing everything right and I have gained 2 pounds! I even do 2 levels of the 30 day shred everyday. I dont know what to do...
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options

I've learned not to weigh after eating anything that has four legs.:smile:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I have been sticking to 1200 calories per day, working out for at least 40 minutes to 1.5 hours every day, and drinking all 8 glasses of water ever day and I lost 1 pound the first week and GAINED 6 pounds the 2nd week! I hate this!!!!:sad:

You may want to consider eating more calories. If you don't eat enough you won't lose. Try to add on 300-400 (if that's within what you burn with exercise) for two weeks and see what the results are. If you're burning a lot more than that with exercising you'll want to eat more of the burned calories.
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    1. water retention
    2. lean body mass increase
    3. that time of the month
    4. weighing with a full bladder

well see last week when I had to weigh in, it was my time of the month so I'm wondering if that was why I had such a nice loss? I weighed myself this morning before I had anything to eat and after I had emptied my bladder. I'm hoping it's because I'm gaining muscle but IDK if I have to report to my weight loss group that I gained a few pounds I'm going to be so upset!! :sad:
  • Summarain
    Options
    Same thing happend to me!

I've been eating right, exercising, but to no avail my scale show's a gain of 5lbs. I'm mad at myself though because i really tried to go on a scale strike for this month and of course the time I do give in and look at it, its absolutely HORRIBLE!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :angry:

I just want to say THANK YOU, thank you MFP members who constantly keep me motivated and to make sure I dont get discouraged when I see a gain, the loss will come if I keep up the good work. Consistancy is the key!

I will keep it movin'.:glasses:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I've had to cut way back on my carbs and concentrate more on veggies and it seems to be working. Some people do okay with carbs but my body just seems to retain them. You might give that a try??

Memaw