How?

Options
I've gained a lot of weight recently, almost 20 pounds in a few months. I kind of just let myself go and always told myself I'd get back into it although it somehow spiralled out of control and I'm wondering where do i even start to get back to losing weight again? My eating is terrible and I stopped exercising. Work is stressful, just had a kid so my schedule is crazy these days and barely sleeping.

I know once i start, I can lose the right. I will count my calories, work out, etc etc. It's just "starting" that's the problem.

I Want to start off my first drinking 3-4 litres of water a day to help shed some water weight and slowly begin to eat better. I also will take Chlorophyll twice a day to help get some nutrients in me, i also use metamucil twice a day. This is all just "clean" my body as i slowly transition into working out and eating better.

Any suggestions on how to get out of a funk? I really want to get back into shape for Myself but more importantly My Family.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks!

Replies

• helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I believe in you!

I was recently in a funk and gained about 10lbs. Ugh. I realized it was mainly because I was not getting enough rest. It honestly took a good cry at the doctors office and three nights of good sleep for me to get back to fighting the good fight.

Maybe this is the same case for you?

I would work on getting enough rest as well as the goals you listed in your post!

You got this :)
    Never give up
  • lopeze3
    lopeze3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Start by meal prepping on your days off. Then from there if you don’t have time for the gym do at least 20 min a day working out at home there’s a lot of free videos you can watch videos at you tube. Hope this helps
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    I Want to start off my first drinking 3-4 litres of water a day

Are you exercising a lot?

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Start by counting your calories, even if you're eating at maintenance

Eat fruit and veg to get nutrients.

Walk with the baby for exercise
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I've gained a lot of weight recently, almost 20 pounds in a few months. I kind of just let myself go and always told myself I'd get back into it although it somehow spiralled out of control and I'm wondering where do i even start to get back to losing weight again? My eating is terrible and I stopped exercising. Work is stressful, just had a kid so my schedule is crazy these days and barely sleeping.

I know once i start, I can lose the right. I will count my calories, work out, etc etc. It's just "starting" that's the problem.
    You can start by slowly transition into working out and eating better.
    I Want to start off my first drinking 3-4 litres of water a day to help shed some water weight and slowly begin to eat better. I also will take Chlorophyll twice a day to help get some nutrients in me, i also use metamucil twice a day. This is all just "clean" my body as i slowly transition into working out and eating better.
    I suspect (pointless, unnecessary) things like this is what holds you back.
  • jaysanchez4
    jaysanchez4 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Water and Chlorophyll are pointless? How would those things actually hold me back?

• jaysanchez4
    jaysanchez4 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I’m not but I’ll begin a couple of days!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Water and Chlorophyll are pointless? How would those things actually hold me back?
    Drinking enough water, getting enough nutrients, but not eating too much, and exercising moderately, are all things that are important, but they can be challenging.

Chugging water and eating chloropyll is not only not necessary, it's also very hard/unpleasant.

Doing unnecessary and unpleasant things, when you need to do necessary things that aren't really that hard, makes it very difficult to do the things you have to do.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I think you understand that small steps will get you to where you want to be. I suggest picking a day a week to re-evaluate your previous week’s goals and adjust as necessary.

Don’t underestimate how much a baby changes your energy. You might have a touch of post partum depression on top of everything else.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Get back to tracking your intake, add in some exercising. Walking is good. Babies love being pushed in strollers. Don’t make drastic cuts to your calorie intake. Do this everyday and you will be good.

And congrats on the new baby!
  • Machka9
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I’m not but I’ll begin a couple of days!

Because ... the only way you should be drinking 3-4 litres of water is if you're exercising a whole lot, and sweating a lot.

And then you should also be consuming electrolytes. Athletes know the importance of balancing hydration with electrolyte consumption.

You asked how consuming excessive quantities of water might hold you back ... do a google search on hyponatremia.
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My advise drop the excuses, be true to yourself follow the MFP plan as best as possible don't be down if you miss a day or two or even a week. Do it for yourself, your family or whatever motivates you but key is to find the "why do I want to lose weight" once you answer that question the "how" is already laid out here.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,468 Member
    Options
    The more stuff you put on your to do list, the harder it is to start and sick with.

Calculate a modest calorie deficit, plan a menu and start tracking. What are you waiting for?
  • Machka9
    Options
    All you actually need to do is to enter your information into MFP ... select sedentary as your activity level ... select that you want to lose 0.5 kg (1 lb)/week ... and when you see the calorie amount MFP gives you ... eat that amount of calories.

Go to the grocery store to find foods that will work for you.
    Weigh your foods to ensure you're logging them accurately.
    When you exercise, go ahead and eat half your calories back. :)
  • NickTeim
    NickTeim Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just do it ----> reevaluate
    > Do it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G05QtiHP1lI
  • AndyCool22
    AndyCool22 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    no better time to start than now, and take baby steps, dont try to go from eating bad and not exercising to eating perfect and exercising constantly. you'll just burn yourself out.