Snack choices, hold the lactose please!

Options
FluffyLadii
FluffyLadii Posts: 18 Member
I notice everyone recommends greek yogurt or some type of yogurt in general. Do you have any other options for those of us who can't eat yogurt. I can do cheese and ice cream in moderation and with lactaid pills but yogurt immediately sends me to the ladies room. I also noticed that a lot of fruits are high in calories or sugar. Any other good low cal snack options other than yogurt.....or carrots (yucky)??

Replies

• Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I like unsweetened applesauce, triscuits, fresh fruit, sometimes some peanut butter on 1 piece of toast.
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    15 almonds = 100 calories add a small fruit like a plum for a snack of around 150 calories
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!! (I make it myself on the stove, so I know exactly what's in it.)
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Soya Yogurt! :laugh: Thats what I have as dairy does bad things to my insides. The Alpro ones are good.

Carrots (or vegetable sitck of your choice) and humous is a tasty snack. Nuts are a bit more calorific but really good for you.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Granola, hummus and triscuits, peanut butter. I'm weird and eat PB right out of the container :)
  • julesgill
    Options
    special k crackers with laughing cow cheese wedges
    turkey pepperoni
    string cheese
    almonds
    smoothies
    pretzels w/hummus
  • FluffyLadii
    FluffyLadii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I keep hearing about hummus...what's a good flavor/brand?
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Sabra roasted red pepper is my favorite
  • MJStory
    MJStory Posts: 42
    Options
    You can use anything in small portion for snacks.

I like most of the vegetables as snacks. They're generally low in calories. I eat raw brocolli, cauliflower, celery sticks, a small tomato, or jicama. If you're into savory, you can try radishes, green onions, pickled & rinsed jalapenos, or even eat a small onion raw like an apple.

Another option would be cutting up a corn or whole wheat tortilla (or any flat bread) and dip or spread on salsa or small amount peanut butter, humus, etc.

You are limited only by your imagination! The options are limitless, just think of all the foods you like in miniature size and it becomes a snack.

Take Care, ...MJ
  • julesgill
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I keep hearing about hummus...what's a good flavor/brand?

Sabra is my favorite; roasted red pepper, basil pesto, spinach and artichoke, and sundried tomato. All amazing.