Starting again, any advice and support welcome

Options
Hi all, I have 27kg to lose, I've done it before but with busy life and work have slipped right back. Now it's time to lose the weight and exercise again and look after myself. Support and advice is always welcome.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I have just started back too. What I am doing differently this time is to already start picturing what maintenance looks like. I don't indulge fantasies of falling back into old habits, I stop those thoughts and remind myself that while treats are one thing, those habits are no more. They were literally killing me (I was recently diagnosed with diabetes, so that isn't hyperbole for me!). I am also throwing budgeting out the window: $2 protein bar snack? If it helps! $15 on lamb chops? Yum! Of course, we can afford this and it is probably still less than I was spending on fast food last year. But I have never let myself buy lamb chops and ahi tuna for just me before! (The Mr. likes them when he can be bothered, but usually sticks to his own habits and schedule). And the vegetables, dear lord they take up so much room in the fridge just to get 4-5 servings a day! I think I always used V8 as a filler before.
  • renydog37
    renydog37 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's about the same weight I want to lose. About 3 weeks ago I joined a crossfit gym which I was freaked out if it was out of my league. Looking back it was the absolute best thing I ever did.
  • Lilpeas2
    Lilpeas2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m just starting back too. One week down (again)..this time I started Pilates so I’m hoping that gives me a boost!
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) Make yourself at home here.
  • Garnica2018
    Garnica2018 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to this community
  • waytoofat3
    waytoofat3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've just restarted as well.I have about 70lbs to lose