Morning or at night

Options
is it better to exercise in the morning or at night? I am thinking of waking up earlier to try and start walking/jogging but I normally do it at night.

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It's a personal choice. For me- morning. I know if I don't do it in the morning then I won't do it. There always seems to be a plethora of excuses by the time we get the boys to bed and I could exercise.
  • DeterminedMomNeb
    Options
    Maybe I can motivate myself and do morning and evening.
  • ksheppard0509
    Options
    Supposedly if you do your exercise in the mornings you will be more energetic throughout the day. I have to switch it up due to work and I haven't really noticed a difference between them. I do know that if I workout about 6 hours before I go to sleep, I sleep a lot better. Hope this helps!
  • DeterminedMomNeb
    Options
    Supposedly if you do your exercise in the mornings you will be more energetic throughout the day. I have to switch it up due to work and I haven't really noticed a difference between them. I do know that if I workout about 6 hours before I go to sleep, I sleep a lot better. Hope this helps!

It does I exercise about a hour before dinner than 5 hours later in bed. I just wish the pounds would come off I hit my plateu.
  • ksheppard0509
    Options
    That is when you switch things up. Cross training and moderate-intense aerobics classes are the best way to get over that.
  • kysue1029
    kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I used to run mid-morning pushing the kids in the stroller, however it's too hot now. So, I have been running around 8-9 PM. I haven't noticed a difference.
  • DeterminedMomNeb
    Options
    I used to run mid-morning pushing the kids in the stroller, however it's too hot now. So, I have been running around 8-9 PM. I haven't noticed a difference.

That's an idea but I don't think my teenagers would le me put then in a stroller. Jk thanks everyone for the advice.
  • butterflywings77
    Options
    I think its just important that you do it whenever you can fit it in :)
  • dancer4275
    dancer4275 Posts: 149
    Options
    I prefer at night...
    They say that doing it in the morning is supposed to boost your energy, however I feel the opposite. I feel really tired and drained. So, I do it at the night. plus it gives me comfort knowing that I burned some of the calories I ate during the day, instead of burning, then consuming!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Its a personal preference or choice. Neither one is more beneficial than the other. Do what works well with your schedule and routine and what makes you comfortable. I do like morning workouts because they do seem to give me energy for the day and I just feel more refreshed all day.