What's the most efficient way to log my calories if...

Options
I don't eat out much, but when I do, I'd like to find a way to log it in to my fitness diary. Is there any specific trick or tips to get that type of information from restaurants when ordering?

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I usually look up the menu before I go out so I can decide what I want! I then try my best to eyeball what they serve me and I usually am overly careful and would rather log up than down!
    For example, if I get a taco salad I will look up generic taco meats, sour cream, cheese etc! I just find the closest alternative and accept it will be as accurate as possible!
    A lot of chains have calorie counts! But if it is a local place, I use the other alternatives!
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I plan ahead what I'm ordering. If I'm wary, I can ask for substitutions for healthier items to put it closer to my estimation or to be on the safe side.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Most chain restaurants will have their calorie counts posted online. If you go someplace local or that doesn’t post them, just do your best to find a similar entry in the database.