Anyone noticed a change in their hairline?

Options
Hey all

I noticed recently that my hair seems to be further back that it used to be around my temples.
I have been drs and nothing indicates hair loss.
I was wondering if it may have been that as my face was fatter, so the hairline was further forward, and now my face has slimmed, the hairline has become more aligned with my skull? does that make any sense to anyone? lol

Basically am stressing I am losing my hair, and stress doesn't help with hair loss :/. Hairdressers and Drs have said it isn't falling out or anything which helped, but it is still weird to me.

Ramble over. :)

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I've noticed with age that my hairline has receded a little but nothing particularly noticeable. I still have some fine baby type hair growing around the hairline so I've not worried about it from a medical perception.

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    thanks both :) I will probably go see the Dr again
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    You may want to see a dermatologist instead of general practitioner too. Mine was related to PCOS, but they knew what to look for and which treatments worked best for different types of hair loss.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Judging by your profile picture I assume you are female? Do you style your hair at all with a flat iron or curling iron daily? I noticed my bangs thinning about a year ago and my hair stylist said my hair was not falling out or thinning. I figured I would just have to deal with it. I ordered a chi flat iron on amazon prime day that was on a really good sale, it had a feature where you could control the temperature you straightened your hair with. I set it for the lowest recommended setting for "healthy hair" and slowly but surely my bangs filled back in. I was literally burning them off my head with my old flat iron.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Judging by your profile picture I assume you are female? Do you style your hair at all with a flat iron or curling iron daily? I noticed my bangs thinning about a year ago and my hair stylist said my hair was not falling out or thinning. I figured I would just have to deal with it. I ordered a chi flat iron on amazon prime day that was on a really good sale, it had a feature where you could control the temperature you straightened your hair with. I set it for the lowest recommended setting for "healthy hair" and slowly but surely my bangs filled back in. I was literally burning them off my head with my old flat iron.

yeah, female.

And nope, I may use straighteners once or twice a year. But I have heat defense spray for those times. :) in fact I have a fair amount of sprays and stuff for after swimming etc. i do try and give my hair all the chances ever as it is naturally very fine.

glad you got yours sorted :)
    laur357 wrote: »
    You may want to see a dermatologist instead of general practitioner too. Mine was related to PCOS, but they knew what to look for and which treatments worked best for different types of hair loss.

good thinking - I will see about that too
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    At 67, it's thinner and whiter and thankfully to genetics the hairline is still where it has always been.

Knock on wood. ;)
  • brznhabits
    brznhabits Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've had two medical professionals tell me that temporary hair loss is not unusual for people running a calorie deficit and that it stops and recovers once you return to maintenance. I've tested this and for me, it's true.