Replies

• UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Blackstrap molasses
    Mashed banana
    Cinnamon
    Frozen blueberries
    Apple cider (or leftover juice from baking apples)
    Cashew milk
    Stevia
    Dates or other dried fruit
    Grapes! Oh yes grapes!
    Apricots (mashed)
    Sugar free jam
    Blackberries
    ...yeah.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream
    Butter
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Sucralose (Brand name, Splenda) and cinnamon is what I use.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    ... Weirdly, Skinny Syrups.

Yes, the sugar free flavorings meant for your coffee/etc. Hell, even Walden Farms Caramel itself is amazing in the oatmeal. Their chocolate tastes disgusting, but dat caramel, unf.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Any combo of Bananas, cinnamon, walnuts, dried cranberries, fresh berries, nutmeg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If you like apple pie: Cut apple into chunks, throw in pot with a Tb of water (I add a dash of lemon) and cinnamon. Let cook for a few minutes, stirring, then add your oats and water/milk and stevia. For topping, some almonds, more cinnamon and a dash of honey (for me).

Carrot cake: Grate a carrot and cook with oats for 10-15 minutes with water/milk. I add some egg whites for extra protein the last minute of cooking. Then add walnuts, coconut flakes, allspice, cinnamon and remove from stove. The volume of this oatmeal is awesome too!

Lastly, chocolate banana! While the oats are cooking, add 1-2 tsp of defatted all natural cacao and whisk. I add half the banana while cooking (this part will get mushy and blend in small pieces) and the other half just before removing it from the stove. Then I add a dash of milk to get the right consistency and you can add topping of your liking (peanut butter for me).
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Ehenever someone sais they don't like oatmeal I ask them if they add salt, thay normally say no. Add roughly 1/4 tsp per 50g oats and thank me later. The rest of topping advices over here are also good, but the salt needs to be there first ;)
  • yoliyoda
    yoliyoda Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you like savory: black beans and roasted red bell peppers, sauteed spinach and roasted chicken, homemade salsa.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I bake my oatmeal with smashed banana and raisins
  • rockmartin50
    rockmartin50 Posts: 1,747 Member
    Options
    Almond milk
  • delilaharcade
    delilaharcade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free vanilla coffee syrup and about a teaspoon of cinnamon. Sometimes I'll use Stevia instead of the syrup.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Pureed pmpkin, cinnamon and dates. YUM.

Or do what they do here in Scotland - salt it!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Try a savory oatmeal. I use melted cheese, salt and pepper.
  • ebinder611
    ebinder611 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put cranraisens and diced peaches. Sometimes I put some nuts and cinnamon in.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I usually have tons of cinnamon and then some blueberries
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I like mine with salt and pepper
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I eat old fashioned oats, heat them up in the microwave with almond & coconut milk (unsweetened), then top with organic pure maple syrup, a little ground cinammon and strawberries or bananas.

You can also use honey. Or make oats pancakes...ground some oats, add eggs, cinammon, vanilla extract and a bananan if you like. Check youtube, you can find a bunch of recipes there.
  • Dame_sans_merci
    Dame_sans_merci Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Using xelsoo’s recipes for either apple pie or carrot cake porridge from above post, try using steel cut (sometimes called pinhead oats....the ones that are not flattened) and cook on low overnight in a slow cooker. Brilliant for minimum fuss in the morning.
    I made a cherry bakewell porridge the other day using frozen cherries and almond extract which wasn’t too bad.
    Favourite at the moment is to cook normal porridge oats with unsweetened almond milk, slice a small banana on top, add in a teaspoon of almond nut butter and a squeeze of maple flavour agave syrup.