Fitbit tracker on the brink?

Options
Hi Everyone

I think my Fitbit Charge HR maybe on the brink. I've had it almost a year but all of a sudden during high intensity workouts its not registering what my heart rate should be, it first began last Tuesday during Fatburn class then again Friday during Fatburn class and again today during the same class, bearing in my mind I;ve been doing these classes for the past 4 weeks and have compared other HR data to them. Today I was doing burpees, mountain climbers etc, I was gasping for oxygen...Looked at my fitbit and it was showing 90 HR...surely not correct.

I spoke to fitbit and they said to restart it etc etc and monitor it on my next workout which I did today and its still not right.

Has anyone else ever had this issue with their fitbit?

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of issues with the 4 Fitbits I owned, including registering 81 calories burned on an hour-long 8 mile trail run. They seem to last about a year and that's it. The company used to have better customer service and help with the issues, but not so much as of late. I ended up switching to Garmin.
  • KF2018
    KF2018 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, after speaking to them just now they are going to send me a replacement one which is great news, however, if the issue was to occur again then I'd have to switch products. I'll just stick with it again seeing as they are happily replacing it for me. I have the fitbit charge HR which apparently they don't make anymore so they are replacing me with the Charge 2 - happy days!

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right. All of mine started dying at about the year mark.
  • KF2018
    KF2018 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had read and heard others say that when they're fitbits were about a year old they started to fail them.

I'm gonna stop wearing it until I get my new one and just input my exercise manually.

• SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Despite the issues -- would you buy another Fitbit? Looking at them here.
  • Xkmaf2018X
    Xkmaf2018X Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey, I loved my fitbit charge HR before it went funny and I am super glad they are sending me another. However, if the same thing happened again I would probably just change to a different make.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    On the brink or on the blink?