Hi my name is Maggie...I’m a fatty.

Options
:)) But I’ve been smoke free for over 4 months and I’ve lost 12 lbs before finding MFP. I’ve been reading the posts and looking at the pictures and I am amazed! So glad I found this site.

I am on a journey not just for weight loss but this is a total transformation of my lifestyle and ideals. I’ve had an epiphany recently and feel that my eyes have been opened. I know now that material things or opinions of others does not make a happy Maggie... For the last 7 months I have been methodically changing my life for the better. I’m rested, stress free, smoke free and I’m working on fat free. :)

So happy to be a part of this group!

Replies

• chubybuny
    chubybuny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well hello Maggie...if you haven't noticed from my screen name "chubybuny"...I think I'm a fatty too. I too have quit smoking...two months now, only one mess up one night so yay. Maybe we can motivate eachother!! :)
  • ma66ie72
    ma66ie72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Would love that Chubs!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Congrats on stopping smoking. That's one of the hardest things to do. If you can do that you can do anything. WTG :happy:
  • Kirabelly
    Options
    Hi Maggie! I'm a fatty who quit smoking February 4th, 2011. I'm also on a mission to be a better me who takes care of herself.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    WELCOME....you have come to the right place for help and support all you have to do is ask for help when you need it, be patient keep a sense of humor and dont give up and contratulations on giving up smoking i think that is half your battle.
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Maggie! Gook luck on your journey and congrats on quitting smoking! It is beyond hard to do that!
  • KeeleySue
    KeeleySue Posts: 158
    Options
    Hi! Congratz on your lifestyle change, all aspects!

I quit smoking 10 months ago. I've found that changing my eating habits and ways of thinking is a lot like quiting smoking. It takes a lot willpower and perseverence.

Friend me if you want. =-)
  • ma66ie72
    ma66ie72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks... didn’t think it was possible but my Wellness Coach put me on a vegan cleanse and I quit within 3 days and haven’t wanted one since! After 25 years of pack per day... a miracle!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • misalice
    misalice Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Maggie, I am new to the site but I can say in the last week since I joined I love all the support and encouragement you get, it helps keep me motivated! I quite smoking almost a year ago, I am proud and happy of that, but I gained 20 pounds in the process.... So now I am ready to get ride of that and then some! So I can be healthy and feel even better about myself!

Good luck!

misalice
  • mt50plus
    Options
    Congratulations, Maggie, for not smoking any more. As an ex smoker, I know how hard it is to quit. But it is such a smart thing to do. May you just be starting to have a whole new world open up for you as you tackle losing weight too. I hate to tell you how many times I have gained and lost 20 pounds. <<sigh>> Don't be like me! Lose it for good!! Best of luck to you.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Your name is Maggie...and you are freakin awesome! Quiting smokind is fantastic. The fact that you see this path as a total lifestyle transformation, and just a weight loss gimic, is so powerful!

Welcome and have a great journey!
  • ginag516
    ginag516 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey Maggie,
    You would not believe it when I tell you I started smoking when I was 13 yrs old and a smoker off and on smoker in my 20's. Ive stopped smoking for 16years notw and trust me when I tell you how hard it is not to want to smoke. I totally quit cold turkey I have always been a chubby person I love food but, with that comes thyroid problem in my side of the family. I believe is never to late to start breaking bad habits and I totally respect you for wanting to stop smoking. Welcome to the site this site is really a awsome I love it even though I work alot but, if you looking for the support you came to the right place.
    Good Luck to you and in your Journey to Stay Healthy :)
  • vcabrera33
    Options
    Hello maggie! Thats great that you stoped smoking :smile: and i think you can do it..just keep working on it..keep thinking why you what to lose weight. always keep that on the back of your head you can do it. go for the gold :smile: good luck!

9891245.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Nice Topic Title. Congrats on kicking the smokes. I quit in 2001 (skoal). I also got skinny the same year but then... I picked up 100 pounds by 2011. But, I have a twist just like you with your post, I have lost 65 of those pounds in the past 130 days. Looks like you are on your way too.
  • CountandBaxter
    CountandBaxter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you had me at "I'm a fatty" :)
  • cantina920
    cantina920 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The first step is admitting you have a problem, right??!! You are already headed in theright direction! Good luck in your transformation!