Does anyone have a recommended detox plan?

Options
My friend and I are looking to do some sort of detox next week. (No cabbage or Beyonce diet lol) Has anyone seen any or know of any that we could try?

Much Thanks!

Replies

• adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    juice fast. blend up fruit and only eat that for 7 days. I did it but I had to eat some solid food each day and it was still a really good detox.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My sister in law is on one that is a 14 day one...but she went to a health food store and asked for recommendations from them...

Try that....
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    http://life.gaiam.com/article/10-ways-detoxify-your-body

Honestly im not very big on detoxing but once in a while i like to try to eat raw foods, low carbs, and lots of water to jump start a diet or gain some motivation or even just to feel a little better
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Juice fast is something that I'm going to try soon. Looking at 10 days fast for myself and that will be only fruit and vegetables.

What I'm having not as a detox but as a everyday supplement is Wheatgrass and I can definitely feel the difference.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    juice fast. blend up fruit and only eat that for 7 days. I did it but I had to eat some solid food each day and it was still a really good detox.

this is a good one...but, i recommend juicing fruits and vegetables. with this at least you know you're getting your a lot of nutrients.
  • LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    I suggest drinking a detox tea with traditional Chinese herbs twice a day and eating a clean diet (nothing processed) for a week or two. I like Yogi detox tea and buy it by the case on Amazon. There is a book called Dr. Mao's 8 week program that incorporates detox and other healthy living tips. It is about making small changes over time to improve your health. Good luck!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are a myth, they don't actually work for losing weight.

Seriously. Your body is way better off with healthy fruits, vegetables, and lean protein. It does a perfectly good job of cleansing itself.

All the bullsh!t about toxins building up in the body doesn't even make sense. If that was true, we all would have died years ago from all the toxins in everything we come into contact with.

Totally disproved by the medical community.

Fruit, Veggies, clean eating is where its at.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    If you have the money. I suggest doing the BluePrint Cleanse!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat good clean minimally processed food as often as possible. Your body sorts out the rest.

Or do you want to just do something for a week or two then go back to eating crap?
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    EAT RAW!

that is all:flowerforyou:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about the Mayo Clinic.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about the Mayo Clinic.

is that an all mayonaise diet? can i use miracle whip instead?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Eat one medium sized watermelon, yeah, ALL of it. wash it down with miralax and take 1500mg of magnesium. Stand by for action.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Eat one medium sized watermelon, yeah, ALL of it. wash it down with miralax and take 1500mg of magnesium. Stand by for action.

Whoa! lots of action! this is the best plan I've heard! Gah!
  • shoogerbooger
    Options
    We do have toxins in our bodies...and can carry around anywhere from 5-25 pounds of poo in our bodies at a time. See the movie Fat Sick And Nearly Dead for information on juice fasting. I think there's a website too.
    If we didn't eat all kinds of processed food and non organic we wouldn't have toxins...but even eating organic is dicey because the soil isn't great anymore.
    Good luck
    :smile: