Somebody PLEASE explain to me...

Options
How the HELL do I lose nearly 25 pounds & not go down a SINGLE jean size?! :grumble: I've been in a size 15 since I've had my son. Decided to treat myself to a size smaller jeans today & came home depressed. I tried on a million different pairs of jeans & they were all too tight, complete with a horrific muffin top. :explode:

I just don't understand how I can lose so much weight & be exactly the same size. It's freaking BS!!! :mad:

Replies

• sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    oh no :( im sorry i have no idea, maybe you just carry more weight in that area of your body...when i lose weight i lose it from my legs but my stomach stays the same
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    How the HELL do I lose nearly 25 pounds & not go down a SINGLE jean size?! :grumble: I've been in a size 15 since I've had my son. Decided to treat myself to a size smaller jeans today & came home depressed. I tried on a million different pairs of jeans & they were all too tight, complete with a horrific muffin top. :explode:

I just don't understand how I can lose so much weight & be exactly the same size. It's freaking BS!!! :mad:

you probably dont want to hear this but maybe youve lost muscle, or it could just be that you lost little bits from all over your body and it will just take a little longer
  • Nolalee
    Nolalee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've lost 29 pounds and still haven't gone down a complete size either! I feel your pain....but that new size should be coming soon right?!?! I just keep thinking five more pounds, thats not that hard!
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    its weird, isn't it. i've lost 30 lbs and i'm still in a size 24. it fits much better, but still the same size. oh well, we will get there, don't feel discouraged, your definetely not alone.:flowerforyou:
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i don't know why it happens, but if it makes you feel any better, it took forever for me to lose that first size, too! i kept hearing "15 pounds is a size!" and wondering how after losing 30 lbs, i was not even one size down! if you keep going, i think there are fewer pounds between sizes... this most recent size has been about 10 pounds for me... like, 5 sizes later.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    See it on the positive side... you still have that target to look forward and work towards!!! Keep focused and soon you'll be on those jeans.
  • MariPars
    MariPars Posts: 52
    Options
    It stinks but I believe it... I lost just about 50lbs and ive only gone down 1 size..i can still wear the bigger ones and the next size down is WAY too small... sizes are BS!
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 pounds but I'm still wearing the same pants. They are very loose in the waist but my hips have not lost a thing. On the other hand I have gone from 2X size tops to XL. Apparently, I'm losing first on the top. Which makes sense for me as my biggest area is always the hip area. Thats where I gain first so I guess is where I will lose last.
    Maybe you are doing the same. Have you changed sizes on the top? I 'll bet you have.
  • MissaUndead
    Options
    Hmm I know how you feel
  • jennthyer
    jennthyer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible for you! I think we all know that kind of pain and that kind of disappointment and my heart breaks for you. Here's what I have to say about it though... I did WW several years ago and there was a girl there that had been in WW for over a year and had lost over 30 pounds or so, and she had the same results as you. But... when I talked to her about it she was SO determined to lose it and to get smaller jeans that she said she's just going to keep at it until the results came. And, just within weeks, she lost enough to buy a pair of jeans 1 size smaller. She didn't buy them though because she said it was just the beginning... and she was right. It just started melting off of her after that. I think maybe sometimes your body resists certain changes, but once it's ready to let it go... you will start seeing the results you want. I hope it happens for you soon, and don't give up!! The results WILL come! Good luck!!
  • katy4193
    katy4193 Posts: 44
    Options
    I hear you, I am there too! I just remember all the work I have put in so far, and I DO NOT want to start over, so I try to keep the faith! It will happen!
  • charmednz
    charmednz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    All that weight may have been sitting around your internal organs, which is a serious health issue, now youve lost that dangerous fat, your body will start losing fat where you can see it...
  • JoHanley
    Options
    I have the same issue with tops but...
    Grit your teeth, try on items until you find one, regardless of size, that fits you well and shows your new shape to the max. Go home and cut the label out. It's a number and I know its a powerful one that can drive you back to the fridge but you have done so well you deserve to celebrate with new clothing. It will change eventually but not if we let a number get the better of our eating. Good luck and best wishes J
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation...I've lost about 20lbs and not gone down a jean size. Sure, my size 10 jeans fit looser, but I'm definitely not ready to rock a size 8 (just a little bit too tight). I think I've lost a lot of weight in other places and my body is hoarding the fat around my hips, thighs and butt. I'm just going to keep working at it, eventually my body will give up and have to torch that stubborn fat! I also feel that being a taller girl (I'm 5'8) contributes to this problem because it takes longer for weight loss to be noticeable for taller people.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Also take into consideration that the majority of females retain most of their body fat from the waist down. Sucks, but that's part of human physiology.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

Look at my signature, You are NOT alone. Now I know where I carry my weight, but you can be more pear shaped post baby. Delivery type and baby size play a role in that as well as how far post-partum you are. A good tip from a top rated in the nation OBGYN (who teaches in other countries too) TONE TONE TONE abs, and all over LONG before you lose enough fat to see them. This will cause you to lose inches fast since muscle takes up less space then fat and burns more calories even at rest
  • katzrich
    katzrich Posts: 17
    Options
    It will happen! I started out in a 20 and am in a 14 right now with 40 lbs still to go.. it took forever to get even one size down, but now its happening much more quickly. Just don't try to rush it, eat healthy and continue to work out.. it will come in time.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Once it starts, it'll seem never ending! At one point, I was having to buy new jeans after losing only 5-10 pounds because it was all coming off my hips and legs. It was getting crazy expensive and a PITA to constantly put on a pair of jeans, not see the scale move significantly and look like you were wearing hand me downs because the jeans hung all wrong (different than they did only a few weeks before when you dropped $60 on them).
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Another thing to consider is that maybe your clothes have grown with you and stretched out. I know that has happened to me. I've lost weight and my clothes fit a bit looser but when I go to the store to buy a smaller size they are still too small! So, for me, I probably had gone up a size with weight gain but stayed in the same clothes because they had stretched out. So, I might have gone down a size but really only to my original size - just not stretched out. Hopefully that makes sense.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Another thing to consider is that maybe your clothes have grown with you and stretched out. I know that has happened to me. I've lost weight and my clothes fit a bit looser but when I go to the store to buy a smaller size they are still too small! So, for me, I probably had gone up a size with weight gain but stayed in the same clothes because they had stretched out. So, I might have gone down a size but really only to my original size - just not stretched out. Hopefully that makes sense.

I agree with this. I have lost 23 pounds and am still in the same clothes, they are just looser now. I think I was so horrified at having to go up yet another size that I just kept squeezing myself into the same old clothes long after they really fit. So I have to really lose two sizes to need to go buy new clothes.