Do you drink Alcohol?

Options
All About Alcohol
You have heard the reports that dinking wine is good for your health, and if you are like me, when you did, you practically threw a ticker-tape parade. It's not just red wine that has health benefits (although red wine seems to have the most). Alcohol in general can protect you from stroke and improve your cholesterol. But the key is to drink in moderation, which is defined as one drink a day for women and two for men. Any more than that and alcohol's benefits are quickly swallowed by its risks. For the record, one drink is 5 ounces of wine, a 12 ounce beer or 1 ½ ounces of spirits.

I got this from the food network Ellie K. I am not a big drinker,but if it helps me.I'll try it. Any advice.

Replies

• marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    All About Alcohol
    You have heard the reports that dinking wine is good for your health, and if you are like me, when you did, you practically threw a ticker-tape parade. It's not just red wine that has health benefits (although red wine seems to have the most). Alcohol in general can protect you from stroke and improve your cholesterol. But the key is to drink in moderation, which is defined as one drink a day for women and two for men. Any more than that and alcohol's benefits are quickly swallowed by its risks. For the record, one drink is 5 ounces of wine, a 12 ounce beer or 1 ½ ounces of spirits.

I got this from the food network Ellie K. I am not a big drinker,but if it helps me.I'll try it. Any advice.
  • vcanter
    Options
    I do drink a glass of wine or a beer once in a while. The calories kill you though.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    When I go out and want to drink, but watch calories, I like Jameson on the rocks. A shot on the rocks is about 70 calories.
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    I cut down my wine consumption. My boyfriends french as a rule they consume wine with every dinner, I dont think its bad at all just on a friday that one bottle during dinner turns into two with him but we all have to treat ourselves at least I say once a week. I dont drink wine with my meal monday till friday anymore to compensate for the 2 bottles we always polish off on friday.
  • vcanter
    Options
    What is Jameson?
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I drink. Usually a glass of wine a night. Sometimes 2 if I've had a long day. I save calories for the wine...and if for some reason I don't have enough calories, I don't drink the wine!
  • RhondieJFB
    Options
    If you feel you want to have a glass on wine, than don't deny yourself. If you are doing it because you think it will help your heart, well, there are other ways to be good to your heart other than alcohol. If you skip the alcohol all together you will save yourself many calories.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I hate wine! My mom drinks it every night. When I go out I drink captain and diet. 60 cals.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If you feel you want to have a glass on wine, than don't deny yourself. If you are doing it because you think it will help your heart, well, there are other ways to be good to your heart other than alcohol. If you skip the alcohol all together you will save yourself many calories.
    I agree:drinker:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Jameson is an Irish whiskey. If I'm going out with friends, really, one or two shots on the rocks is enough. You'll also turn alot of heads...being a whiskey drinking girl! :laugh:
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    LOL one burbon one scotch one beer,,, does her air guitar:drinker:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    I drink white russians- not so good on calories... but they sure are yummy:drinker: theres a lot of evidence that shows red wine in modertation as part of your diet can have some health benefits, but when i'm drinking i'm not thinking too much about my health :blushing:
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    I drink white russians- not so good on calories... but they sure are yummy:drinker: theres a lot of evidence that shows red wine in modertation as part of your diet can have some health benefits, but when i'm drinking i'm not thinking too much about my health :blushing:

:drinker: You got that right.
  • faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options
    When I go out and want to drink, but watch calories, I like Jameson on the rocks. A shot on the rocks is about 70 calories.

There is nothing like going to a bar and ordering whiskey straight up to get free drinks from the bartender!!!!!!!
    I here you there, who needs the juice and soda just extra calories.
    So glad im not the only one !!!yehh!!!!
    (my husband thinks im crazy)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I still drink red wine, but I gave up beer. I like beer, but not the wimpy lite kind. The kind I like is bitter and hoppy and about 300 calories a bottle! Not worth it!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

That used to be my drink when clubbing...but I'm old now. :ohwell:
  • csantos1182
    Options
    All About Alcohol

I have an occasional glass myself (once every week or two). It makes me happy:smile: Moderation is the key.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Moderation is the key.

lalala.gif
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME!!!!!

I have a glass of wine with dinner most nights :-)