No more excuses. Changing my life, hello day one.

Options
I have hated my body my entire life, always seaking out its imperfections. I wish I could have loved myself 20 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago... I. Am. Done. I am on a journey of self love. My first major goal is 19 pounds, my second is an additional 40lbs after that. My journey starts today and I would love some amazing people with a sense of humour to help support me along the way! Added bonus, I’ll be in your corner too!! ;)

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • jenpensnickel
    jenpensnickel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don’t know how great my sense of humor is, but I can be a cheerleader!
  • tomhtu
    tomhtu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place. This is my go to app when I'm serious about training.
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome and hope you find a home here :)
  • fitblonde88
    fitblonde88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! We can do this together! :p
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I learned very late in life long lasting good things tend to come after we learn to love ourselves. Without self love it is very hard to love others for some reason.
  • FloviaB
    FloviaB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I’m also new as well and we will support eachother
  • fatty233
    fatty233 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You can do this! One day at a time...
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    You got this. You already sound determined and the support you can get from here will def help. If you need any help, feel free to msg me and add me if you like.
  • faythe621
    faythe621 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • dsum143
    dsum143 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m new too. Joined 1st March and already 10 lb down. Slightly more than I wanted to loose per week but the drastic change is the cause. Good luck.
  • JaiRocket
    JaiRocket Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You got this- Welcome to MFP. This has seriously been my motivator. Please add me (it will be nice to have another funny person- sometimes you need a break from the super sappy :open_mouth: ).
  • 72smile
    72smile Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree, this is a great place. I sent you a friend request already, feel free to add me if you like. There are some great encouragers here to help on your journey.
  • sunshine1ray
    sunshine1ray Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Life is a journey of accepting ourselves and others. Add me if you like ;)
  • thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I was the same and then I realized at 5'2" and 185 pounds something had to change! I have slipped the last couple of years but am now back at it. You can do it!
  • amgjb
    amgjb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome to day one, your already smashing it. Let’s do it! ✋
  • DaveOleary80
    DaveOleary80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Enjoy it here !
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm here as a support and anything else you need in starting your journey!
  • lesleytate133
    lesleytate133 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm in the same boat. Finally taken the first step today. I'm hoping with help I can do this. I've tried before but always been alone so going to try and do it with hopefully new friends. I'm usually the one that has everyone laughing but I seem to be looking my funny bone and I really don't want to.
    Hoping we can help each other